Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: tetra iso extract  (Read 1221 times)

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
tetra iso extract
« on: February 08, 2019, 03:32:15 pm »
i heard about this stuff tetra iso extract used downstream to replace some kettle hop additions and to improve head retention and cling, has anyone used this?  is it even available for homebrewers? if i can get my hands on some i wanna experiment by putting some in the keg or bottling bucket for a bgsa im about to brew up
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: tetra iso extract
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 08:47:21 am »
i heard about this stuff tetra iso extract used downstream to replace some kettle hop additions and to improve head retention and cling, has anyone used this?  is it even available for homebrewers? if i can get my hands on some i wanna experiment by putting some in the keg or bottling bucket for a bgsa im about to brew up

You've got the right idea...that's what Duvel uses.  I'll try to find out if it's available.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
Re: tetra iso extract
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 05:30:19 pm »
yeah man cool, i can't find it except for 20 kg buckets too much quantity for me, would really be fun to see what it brings to the table
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle