Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Easy Inexpensive Homemade Beer Bottle Labels  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Kimberly Dolan

• 1st Kit
Easy Inexpensive Homemade Beer Bottle Labels
« on: January 11, 2019, 02:55:47 pm »
I recently discovered my daughter's sticker maker, the 5" Xyron "Create a Sticker" machine, produces excellent, inexpensive make-at-home beer labels. I design rectangular labels in Powerpoint, print in 2 slides mode on regular 8.5 by 11  paper on a color printer, cut them to size with a paper cutter, and run them through the sticker machine.  The labels are somewhat water resistant and when you are finished drinking the beer, they come off easily.  No spray on/roll on glue mess, and no fumes!!

Offline travistmccall

• 1st Kit
Re: Easy Inexpensive Homemade Beer Bottle Labels
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 09:39:53 am »
This is great! My wife has a Silhouette, I'll have to see if it can do the same thing.

Offline David

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 09:20:14 pm »
I recently discovered my daughter's sticker maker, the 5" Xyron "Create a Sticker" machine, produces excellent, inexpensive make-at-home beer labels. I design rectangular labels in Powerpoint, print in 2 slides mode on regular 8.5 by 11  paper on a color printer, cut them to size with a paper cutter, and run them through the sticker machine.  The labels are somewhat water resistant and when you are finished drinking the beer, they come off easily.  No spray on/roll on glue mess, and no fumes!!

Excellent idea, may have to raid my wife's scrapbooking stuff.....
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” -- Henry Ford

Offline Silicon

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 06:56:55 pm »
You can also use a flour+water solution or Karo corn syrup to adhere plain paper labels to bottles and they later remove easily with minimal soaking in warm water. Remember starch and paper mache back in 1st grade? That works too, but it takes longer to soak 'em off later. ;)

Offline bigpete225

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 11:41:00 am »
Excellent tip! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline brew inspector01

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 01:07:57 pm »
I just have an image of my logo with a blank area where I write the individual beer name and info.

I dupplicated it on a single word doc with 8 images. Print when ever I need a few. For a better label I'll go to Kinko's or similar for a brighter image. I use plain milk brushed on the backs to attach to the bottles. Easily removed with water.  No it doesn't stink... There is not enough there to sour.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk