Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Big Bob’s  (Read 1406 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Big Bob’s
« on: January 25, 2019, 11:34:22 am »
Today, Mama and I decided to take a pilgrimage to Decatur to Big Bob Gibson’s original location on 6th St (about an hour away). Yum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 08:28:31 pm by BrewBama »

Offline Robert

Re: Big Bob’s
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 08:02:14 pm »
Now there's a pilgrim shrine alright.  Legendary.  Even heard of it up here. But, BBQ sauce isn't supposed to be white.  (Aw, dang, now I'll never be allowed over the AL state line, will I?  ;D  )

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 08:26:25 pm »
Now there's a pilgrim shrine alright.  Legendary.  Even heard of it up here. But, BBQ sauce isn't supposed to be white.  (Aw, dang, now I'll never be allowed over the AL state line, will I?  ;D  )

Though their white sauce got the blue ribbon it’s not the best around here IMO.  There’s a shack at the end of a road in Greenbrier that makes the best white sauce.  (We eat it on hush puppies).

Greenbrier is a one stop sign, two church town in the middle of the cotton fields.  I had my retirement luncheon there. You shoulda seen it: all the suits in a shack with the next room over full of red dirt farmers. (I did that on purpose.) LOL

Problem is Polaris moved in and now Toyota bought up the cotton fields across the street to build a huge factory. I hope they don’t screw this up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 09:11:03 pm »

Though their white sauce got the blue ribbon it’s not the best around here IMO.  There’s a shack at the end of a road in Greenbrier that makes the best white sauce.  (We eat it on hush puppies).

Greenbrier is a one stop sign, two church town in the middle of the cotton fields.  I had my retirement luncheon there. You shoulda seen it: all the suits in a shack with the next room over full of red dirt farmers. (I did that on purpose.) LOL

Problem is Polaris moved in and now Toyota bought up the cotton fields across the street to build a huge factory. I hope they don’t screw this up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Big Bob Gibson’s and Greenbrier Restaurant don’t hold a candle to the BBQ you taught me how to make.

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 01:14:29 pm »
I have discovered smoked chicken nirvana.  I marinate chicken in Chiavetta's, smoke them in charcoal and apple wood offset, grill it directly over the coals for the last 15 minutes to crisp up the skin, and serve with a Big Bob's white sauce on the side.  You get a nice crispy skin, the Chiavetta's gives it that nice vinegary tang, and of course that excellent sauce.