Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: DINGEMANS vs BEST PILSNER  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Zap

• 1st Kit
DINGEMANS vs BEST PILSNER
« on: March 05, 2019, 12:32:57 am »
Hi everyone...I'm new on this forum  :)
I brew especially Belgian beers and I ever used Castle or Dingemans Pilsner.
I read that Best pilsner is also great for Belgian beers.
In your experience, what's the differences in flavor between Dingemans and Best pilsner?

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: DINGEMANS vs BEST PILSNER
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 08:35:59 am »
Very slight.  After using both I developed a slight preference for Best, but IMO you can't go wrong with either.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Zap

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 09:24:28 am »
Very slight.  After using both I developed a slight preference for Best, but IMO you can't go wrong with either.
Thank you very much for the answer  :) How can you describe this flavor difference, in your experience?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 09:40:38 am »
Thank you very much for the answer  :) How can you describe this flavor difference, in your experience?

It's been so long that I can't be very specific but I think I found the Best more full flavored, if that makes sense.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Zap

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 09:52:48 am »

It's been so long that I can't be very specific but I think I found the Best more full flavored, if that makes sense.

Thanks  :D :D :D

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 05:26:48 pm »
Never used dingemans, but used best with great results.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 06:19:21 am »
I use Dingemans Pilsner malt for my Saison because it is readily available from my LHBS.  It is a great pilsner malt.  Have never used Best, but as Denny said, you probably won't go wrong with either.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline Zap

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 09:29:34 am »
Thank you all  :D
Just another think... Whant about Munich malt? There's someone that you prefer between Dingemans and Best?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 09:59:56 am »
Just another think... Whant about Munich malt? There's someone that you prefer between Dingemans and Best?

Pretty much the same...both very good, very slight differences, and I have a slight preference for Best

www.dennybrew.com

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 12:10:06 pm »

Pretty much the same...both very good, very slight differences, and I have a slight preference for Best

Would you say it's the...best?
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 12:36:47 pm »

Would you say it's the...best?

I've been waiting for that!  ;)

www.dennybrew.com