Author Topic: Homebrew Con 2019  (Read 3795 times)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Derry, NH
Re: Homebrew Con 2019
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2019, 07:49:10 PM »
There will be buses running from the convention center to the brewery where the party is being held. 

Please be Proclamation Brewing! 
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2019, 08:54:51 PM »
It took me a while to process, but should "competing" be "cohosting"?

You're correct!  I was posting from my tablet while waiting to see if I was called for jury duty.  Autocorrect!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2019, 08:55:16 PM »
There will be buses running from the convention center to the brewery where the party is being held. 

Please be Proclamation Brewing!

Nope....Isle Brewing Guild

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2019, 08:55:47 PM »
It took me a while to process, but should "competing" be "cohosting"?

I hope not...I want to see a Cage Match!

You wish!  :)

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Kiki D

• 1st Kit
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2019, 11:42:47 PM »
Hi new member. I didn't see a forum for introductions, but I wanted to say that I will be attending Homebrew Con this year as well!

Offline grod

• Cellarman
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2019, 05:39:55 AM »
Kiki D,

Hope to see you there and I'm sure you will enjoy the experience.  No matter if you are into brewing or just like craft beer you are sure to have a great time, and thats before you even consider meeting a great bunch of folk.

love

g
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Offline Kiki D

• 1st Kit
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2019, 10:57:16 PM »
Kiki D,

Hope to see you there and I'm sure you will enjoy the experience.  No matter if you are into brewing or just like craft beer you are sure to have a great time, and thats before you even consider meeting a great bunch of folk.

love

g

Thanks! I'll be the crazy woman running around asking far too many questions!

I'm a beginner brewer- I have 3 batches (independently) under my belt, and have assisted my fiance' loads of times. He is a terrific brewer.

I'm wicked excited to expand my skillset and learn more at the Con. Since we are going with my fiance's brew club, I have been challenged by him to brew a new recipe to keg & bring. 

I also work with seniors, and will be brewing a kit with them this summer for our Oktoberfest party.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2019, 11:06:43 PM »
Kiki D,

love

g

Thanks! I'll be the crazy woman running around asking far too many questions!

I'm a beginner brewer- I have 3 batches (independently) under my belt, and have assisted my fiance' loads of times. He is a terrific brewer.

I'm wicked excited to expand my skillset and learn more at the Con. Since we are going with my fiance's brew club, I have been challenged by him to brew a new recipe to keg & bring. 

I also work with seniors, and will be brewing a kit with them this summer for our Oktoberfest party.

+1 for working and brewing with the Seniors. Hey, I'm technically in that group now.

If you see any of the Forum people around, say hi. Everyone at the conference will talk about beer and brewing.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Governing Committee
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Wilbur

• Brewer
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2019, 06:51:50 PM »
I had a bit of trouble figuring out the sessions and prioritizing which ones to go to so I made a table. I think I have everything in the right location, but I can fix it if I don't. Hopefully this is helpful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zv0LShZxdpSBQWFNR1uYo6rSIHCdk7xvcLzLvtrUXJo/edit?usp=sharing

Offline santoch

• Brewmaster
  • North Bend, WA
    • WAHA
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2019, 05:02:47 AM »
My request is please don't schedule any talks during the award ceremony.
I thought Ted got shafted on that last year.

Mt. Si Brewing Society
Washington Homebrewer's Association (WAHA)
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2019, 11:40:11 AM »

There are talks scheduled. Joe Formanek is giving one I am interested in, but I also have a dog in the show, so I the award ceremony be will win out.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Governing Committee
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline Wilbur

• Brewer
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2019, 04:16:12 PM »

There are talks scheduled. Joe Formanek is giving one I am interested in, but I also have a dog in the show, so I the award ceremony be will win out.

I didn't even think about that, that's huge bummer. There's a session on beekeeping I was hoping to go to. I started earlier this year and was hoping to get a meadmaker/brewers perspective. I see that the Award Ceremony is from 2-4, any idea what the breakdown looks like for that? I've got a beer in 30A (Herb Spice & Vegetable), any chance I could hit up beekeeping and make it in time for the announcements? Is it kosher to come in a bit late?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2019, 04:40:43 PM »

I didn't even think about that, that's huge bummer. There's a session on beekeeping I was hoping to go to. I started earlier this year and was hoping to get a meadmaker/brewers perspective. I see that the Award Ceremony is from 2-4, any idea what the breakdown looks like for that? I've got a beer in 30A (Herb Spice & Vegetable), any chance I could hit up beekeeping and make it in time for the announcements? Is it kosher to come in a bit late?

Of course it's time to come late, but there's no way or knowing what will be happening when.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2019, 06:35:32 PM »

They have always made a few announcements, given stats on entries and participants, and so on. It has always started with category 1 and gone up. 30 might just be OK, I have never timed it.

If you know some one at the conference, have them give you a text at cat 25.

If The Brewing Network is broadcasting, follow it on your phone(if there is connectivity) run over a little before cat 30.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Governing Committee
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2019, 07:11:25 PM »
A reminder about a couple things Drew and I are involved with at the conference....Wed. night there's a free party from 6-11 PM at Isle Brewers, sponsored by Country Malt Group Homebrew Division (formerly Brewcraft), Isle and us.  There will buses running running from the convention center to the party every 10 min. from 6-10.  Beer, food and a live band.  Thursday we'll be doing a seminar based on Simple Homebrewing, followed by a book signing.  On Fri. afternoon from 2-4 PM we'll be recording a LIVE podcast at Booth 307 (CMG again).  Stop by, say hi, try to stump us with a question  And on Sat. from noon-2PM we'll be at the Wyeast booth for general wackiness.  Hope to see you at one or all of them!

www.dennybrew.com