Author Topic: Homebrew Con 2019  (Read 1744 times)

Offline narcout

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
Homebrew Con 2019
« on: March 17, 2019, 06:35:53 PM »
So who's going?

I was pretty bummed that I had to miss last year, but I'll be back for this one.

Unfortunately, there are no direct flights from LAX to Providence, which makes taking the redeye even more painful, but I'm doing it anyway.

It looks like the AHA forum meetup is scheduled for Thursday at 12:30, and I look forward to seeing you all there...
"Make a cup of tea, and put a record on."

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
Re: Homebrew Con 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 08:03:55 PM »
So who's going?

I was pretty bummed that I had to miss last year, but I'll be back for this one.

Unfortunately, there are no direct flights from LAX to Providence, which makes taking the redeye even more painful, but I'm doing it anyway.

It looks like the AHA forum meetup is scheduled for Thursday at 12:30, and I look forward to seeing you all there...

Drew and I will be there.  We're doping both a seminar and book signing on Thur., byut I hope we make it to the meetup.  This year they're going to be held in conference rooms, rather than the social club where everything kind of got lost.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 09:33:05 PM »
We have flights booked.  My wife and I are coming up the Saturday before to explore a bit.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline brewinhard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 12:07:15 AM »
Hmmmmm....still undecided as of yet. Most likely will drive if I attend (about 8 hrs away for me). Would really like to go though!

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 12:49:40 AM »
I'll be there, I have to go! GC member.

Driving through Canada to see some friends. Then down into Vermont, the seeing friends in NH. Then RI. Return trip through the US, as we will have beer accumulated to take home.
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
AHA Governing Committee
BJCP National
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline grod

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 02:01:04 AM »
I'm in too, flights accommodation and registration all taken care of.

g
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewer
  • Palermo, Maine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 09:57:18 AM »
I'm going. It's about a 4.5 hour drive for me.
BJCP Certified

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 12:26:10 PM »
I'm going (about 2 hours for me driving) and my club will be pouring at Club Night and probably an Expo session.

Narcourt, you should check flights into Boston (Logan).  Probably some direct flights and cheaper as well.  From Boston, you can catch a train from South Station (commuter rail) to Providence.  The Convention center is about 1/2 mile from the train station.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 12:29:19 PM »

Driving through Canada to see some friends. Then down into Vermont, the seeing friends in NH. Then RI. Return trip through the US, as we will have beer accumulated to take home.

Jeff...what part of NH you coming to?  I can give you some beer suggestions.  Highest concentrations of breweries are on the Seacoast (Portsmouth, Newington, Dover, Somersworth) or Manchester/Derry/Londonderry.
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 01:14:18 PM »

Jeff...what part of NH you coming to?  I can give you some beer suggestions.  Highest concentrations of breweries are on the Seacoast (Portsmouth, Newington, Dover, Somersworth) or Manchester/Derry/Londonderry.

We will be with friends who live in Wolfeboro. A few non beer centric days before the conference will be fine.
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
AHA Governing Committee
BJCP National
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline duncan

• AHA Associate Director
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • View Profile
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 02:53:46 PM »

It's also super easy getting from Boston to Providence if you fly into Logan. It's about an hour drive if you're not fighting rush hour and an even easier train ride. AND that train line goes right through Canton (Trillium)! I compare it to flying into Denver and having to get to Boulder. See ya all there!
AHA Web Editor.

Follow the American Homebrewers Association on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 03:11:34 PM »

It's also super easy getting from Boston to Providence if you fly into Logan. It's about an hour drive if you're not fighting rush hour and an even easier train ride. AND that train line goes right through Canton (Trillium)! I compare it to flying into Denver and having to get to Boulder. See ya all there!

Not to mention if you get into Boston early and not in a rush, you can hit Trillium in the Fort Point/Seaport area and Night Shift just opened a new place near Boston Garden on Lovejoy Wharf.
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline goose

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 03:15:54 PM »
I will be there as well. Like Jeff, GC member also have to attend.  Will be driving from Ohio.  About 11 hours to get there so leaving a day or so earlier so that we can stop along the way for a few beers and an overnight stay. It is a bit hard on Sue to drive the whole thing in one day.

FYI, the last time I had to fly to Providence, I went through Boston Logan.  But I feel you pain flying from the West Coast.

Hope to see you all there!
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified
AHA Governing Committee Member

Offline narcout

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 04:59:35 PM »
Narcourt, you should check flights into Boston (Logan).  Probably some direct flights and cheaper as well.  From Boston, you can catch a train from South Station (commuter rail) to Providence.  The Convention center is about 1/2 mile from the train station.

Good idea, I'll look into it.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I lived in Medford/Somerville for four years, but I haven't been back to Boston in a very long time.

This year they're going to be held in conference rooms, rather than the social club where everything kind of got lost.

If that's the case, can we make sure there is some beer available in that conference room? 
"Make a cup of tea, and put a record on."

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 05:08:45 PM »

Good idea, I'll look into it.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I lived in Medford/Somerville for four years, but I haven't been back to Boston in a very long time.

This year they're going to be held in conference rooms, rather than the social club where everything kind of got lost.

If that's the case, can we make sure there is some beer available in that conference room?

I'll mention it to the AHA.  Hopefully the people attending the meet up will bring some, too.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell