Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Minneapolis breweries  (Read 1203 times)

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
Minneapolis breweries
« on: March 18, 2019, 02:59:19 pm »
Greetings,

Heading to Minneapolis for the final four (hopefully meeting Iowa State there)  Anyhoo, I searched the interwebs and found some of the popular breweries.  I don't think any are St. Paul, but we might be in that area too.  Let me know what to add and/or subtract from my list.

Fairstate Co-op
Surly
Town hall
Dangerous Man
Fulton
Sisyphus
Bauhaus
Pryes
Indeed
Lakes and Legends
Inbound
Wild Mind
Insgight
Clockwerks
Headflyer
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline kubly002

• 1st Kit
Re: Minneapolis breweries
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 04:30:19 pm »
Two more good ones for your list are Modist and Utepils, both are close to Downtown Mpls.

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 05:18:39 pm »
I like Summit Brewery. But, they are in St. Paul.
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline waltsmalt

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 06:39:22 pm »
My favorites from that list are:
Wild Mind
Dangerous Man
Insight

You should go to Surly just because it’s different than the rest as it’s built in the style of Stone and other destination breweries.  They have a lot on tap, but I’m not their biggest fan.  Wild Mind has good variety.  With Dangerous Man it’s eady if to hit Indeed and Bauhaus.  Both have good beer but I find most of their beers on tap are in liquor stores.  If you like NE IPAs, people like Barrell Theory in St Paul.  It’s not my style so I would rush back there.  If you look at the AHA map you should be able to put together a good plan from there and Uber/Lyft shouldn’t cost you a fortune (other than surge pricing later in the night that weekend).

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 07:12:04 pm »
I love Bad Weather, think they're in St. Paul.  They have a great selection of many styles OTHER than IPAs (yay!) and all very tasty.

Oh yeah, and Surly, how could I forget Surly.  They have a LOT more than just IPAs as well.

IF you care about styles other than IPA.  :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:14:28 pm by dmtaylor »
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.