Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mimosa IPA clone recipe help  (Read 1339 times)

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
    • My new Brewing Website - Totally Brewed Co
Mimosa IPA clone recipe help
« on: February 27, 2019, 10:27:34 am »
So, I have had 2 amazing mimosa inspired ipas. The first was by Black Market Brewing out of CA. There description "We just tapped, “Champers ‘85.” This is a Mimosa inspired DIPA (8.5% abv), brewed & dry hopped w/ Idaho 7 & Mandarina Bavaria hops. It was also dry zested with valencia orange zest. Fermented with a blend of one of our house yeast strains and sacch trois. "

And the 2nd one was Mast Landing out of Maine Power Brunch IPA description "Inspired by our love of brunch and bottomless mimosas, POWER BRUNCH is a 4.4% session IPA brewed with orange juice! Our collaboration beer with our friends at Dancing Gnome is light and refreshing, with a burst of orange and citrus."

I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out the best yeast and dry hopping for this. I'm mostly curious about yeast choice (dont think me blending my own yeast would go well) and how to do orange zest or juice. Thanks in advance for any help

Offline gordonmonaghan

• 1st Kit
Re: Mimosa IPA clone recipe help
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 08:21:16 pm »
Sacch Trois, as mentioned in the first description, is a great choice. You could also go with WY1318 or similar. I’d go with an English strain, if your looking for fruit & citrus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 11:37:04 am »
I would recommend Imperial A24 Dry Hop which is a blend of sacch trois and conan. It's hard as hell to get clear so will give you that orange juice look as well.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
    • My new Brewing Website - Totally Brewed Co
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 10:27:08 am »
thanks for the info.  Ill go with imperial yeast since that is a blend.    what should I do for oranges? orange juice or orange zest ? Would I do that in the boil or "dry hop" ?   What kind of orange zest? Fresh zest or dried sweet peel?

Offline jeaneallenn

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 01:19:37 am »
I prefer the orange juice.

thanks for the info.  Ill go with imperial yeast since that is a blend.    what should I do for oranges? orange juice or orange zest ? Would I do that in the boil or "dry hop" ?   What kind of orange zest? Fresh zest or dried sweet peel?
Helloportable.com