Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Minimum number?  (Read 3414 times)

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
Minimum number?
« on: June 23, 2010, 03:46:50 pm »
What is the minimum number of members required to start a club?

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Minimum number?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 04:59:30 pm »
Whatever the club wants.  I guess it could be 2 even.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

boulderbrewer

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 07:47:44 am »
One, but the convesations can become onesided. So it is best to have at least two.

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 08:06:05 am »
One, but the convesations can become onesided. So it is best to have at least two.

Unless you're schizo, then one is just fine :)
Joe

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 08:11:07 am »
Well, every club has to start somewhere I guess.  My wife and I could be it to start I suppose.  Most everyone here are dedicated BMC drinkers and some will tell stories about their family members that tried homebrewing, bottle bombs, off flavors etc.  I finally found a beer other than normal BMC beer that my brother inlaw could handle other than MHL.... Blue Moon... he said it wasn't too bad.   :D

A couple of people are interested slightly but think it will take too much of their time compared to just buying beer at the store, and thats just being able to brew their own, not joining any club.  

I don't really want or need a club if my wife and I are it... I'll have to think on it for a while.   :-\

And Hokerer... I may resemble that remark.   ;D

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 08:54:29 am »
i've pondered a club as well.  There is one in wheaton illinois that is about 30 minutes away.  i am thinking of joining.  would be nice if it were a little closer.  anybrewers in naperville?
Don AHA member

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 07:47:51 am »
Have a local homebrew shop? Try recruiting some some homebrewers there for a club. I might also work to post a general location on the forum. There tend to be many more homebrewers around than we realize.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline FermentEd

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 01:27:14 pm »
i've pondered a club as well.  There is one in wheaton illinois that is about 30 minutes away.  i am thinking of joining.  would be nice if it were a little closer.  anybrewers in naperville?
Hi weithman5!
We are in the process of forming a new homebrew club that will be based out of Limestone Brewing Company on route 59 in Plainfield. Please join us at our next meeting. Here's a clip from a post on another forum:
The same group of brewers who met at Limestone Brewing last Thursday are in the process of establishing a new homebrew club. The next meeting is set for Thursday, September 9th at 7:00 pm at Limestone Brewing on Rt. 59 in Plainfield. We will be discussing specifics related to the club itself, such as club name, officers, etc. Once we get that out of the way, we can move on to sampling (of course).

For more info shoot an email to plainfieldbrewclub@gmail.com
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:31:03 pm by FermentEd »