Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Event of AHA outside US?  (Read 737 times)

Offline Mzansi Brazzers

• 1st Kit
    • Brazzers Mzansi
Event of AHA outside US?
« on: March 27, 2019, 09:07:42 am »
I'm a recent user here in the forum but already been captured by the amount of suggestions and content available to read about homebrew..
It came to my mind the possibilty of organizing one of your conferences or events outside of America, specifically here in South Africa... with whom could I talk with in order to even starting thinking of organizing such event here in South Africa?
Even if it's not a conference, something like an exhibition or a "road tour" with experts of the association could be really interesting to Mzansi people and I think could arise much interest about homebrewers of America here in South Africa  ???
Could spent my all life looking to brazzers free videos while having my homemade beer

Offline wmbolling

• Global Moderator
  • Assistant Brewer
Re: Event of AHA outside US?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 08:47:08 am »
It's so great to see a message like this. Thanks for bringing the growing homebrew community in S. Africa to our attention! Though I'm sure there's many people on staff who would be thrilled to come to do a homebrew exhibition with you, the American Homebrewers Association is largely a volunteer-run organization. Our national conference, regional competitions, and especially local homebrewing demos rely heavily on the dedication of our enthusiastic members. That's what makes the AHA such a great community - the enthusiasm for a hobby that we all love!

I think that our upcoming celebration of Big Brew is a perfect opportunity for the homebrewers in your area to join the AHA in starting an event there.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/aha-events/national-homebrew-day/

Big Brew is always celebrated on the first Saturday in May. This year will be the 22nd year, and we're anticipating over 300 homebrewing demos & events will be organized all over the world to celebrate. We usually have 12- 15 countries besides the USA participate in the celebration. You can register an event on the website, and download some of our promotional materials to help spread the word about yout event.

I hope that this helps! Please feel free to shoot me an email if you have more questions!

matt@brewersassociation.org
Matt Bolling