Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 583468 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #2055 on: September 22, 2016, 05:33:56 pm »
Thanks, Tommy. One of my favorite times of the year. Cooler temps, football, leaves turning, Oktoberfest. Not bad.
Jon H.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #2056 on: September 22, 2016, 05:35:59 pm »
Thanks, man! Having my belated Oktoberfest party Saturday. The Ofest and Pils are tasty, and I'm getting sausages and sauerkraut from an awesome local German sausage maker/butcher extraordinaire (just ask hopfenundmalz). Gonna make my German potato salad, red cabbage, and my wife is making strudel. Not bad.  ;)
Beer looks and sounds great...car started, gps set, on my way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2057 on: September 22, 2016, 05:40:18 pm »
Thanks, man! Having my belated Oktoberfest party Saturday. The Ofest and Pils are tasty, and I'm getting sausages and sauerkraut from an awesome local German sausage maker/butcher extraordinaire (just ask hopfenundmalz). Gonna make my German potato salad, red cabbage, and my wife is making strudel. Not bad.  ;)
Beer looks and sounds great...car started, gps set, on my way

You know you'd be welcome !  ;D
Jon H.

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #2058 on: September 22, 2016, 06:35:28 pm »
Thanks, Tommy. One of my favorite times of the year. Cooler temps, football, leaves turning, Oktoberfest. Not bad.
What's a turning leaf? Says the man from the south...

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2059 on: September 22, 2016, 06:53:54 pm »
What's a turning leaf? Says the man from the south...

Yeah, my in-laws live in Orlando. It's a trade off, I guess. Better weather, no season change.......Gotta have something in Indiana!
Jon H.

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #2060 on: September 22, 2016, 06:56:27 pm »
Jon, nice looking Pils. I'm sure that you brew this fairly often, so is there any flavor difference that you can tell?
Dan Chisholm

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2061 on: September 22, 2016, 07:18:17 pm »
Jon, nice looking Pils. I'm sure that you brew this fairly often, so is there any flavor difference that you can tell?

IMO yes, but it's conjecture. First time using Barke malts at the same time I tried Brewtan - too many variables to assign credit. But these two beers have (Ofest being the other) a nice, fresh malt character at 3 months after brewing - no drop off or staling. If it were all the Barke malts, that bump in quality would begin to drop off at some point, to my thinking. Not yet. The Ofest is getting judged in a good sized comp in a couple weeks - I entered purposely to see what comments I'd get with the beer at that age, will post. I'm very encouraged with Brewtan, though. A triangle is coming at some point.
Jon H.

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #2062 on: September 22, 2016, 07:49:10 pm »
Man, that sounds fun, Jon. I'm headed to Oktoberfest at The Beer Corner USA (Beertopia, Crescent Moon, Huber Haus, Max & Joe's) in Omaha Saturday. Volunteering for a 3 hour shift, then free admission and a couple free beers! Oh yeah and I get a tshirt! haha. Should be a hell of a good time. Ridiculous good German beers on draft. I'll be hurtin' Sunday. Gotta make sure to drink water...
Jesse

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2063 on: September 23, 2016, 05:09:05 am »
Man, that sounds fun, Jon. I'm headed to Oktoberfest at The Beer Corner USA (Beertopia, Crescent Moon, Huber Haus, Max & Joe's) in Omaha Saturday. Volunteering for a 3 hour shift, then free admission and a couple free beers! Oh yeah and I get a tshirt! haha. Should be a hell of a good time. Ridiculous good German beers on draft. I'll be hurtin' Sunday. Gotta make sure to drink water...

Sounds like a good time. Yeah, better have plenty of water!
Jon H.

Offline zwiller

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2064 on: September 23, 2016, 08:10:12 am »

OMG that just made me so hungry.  I am dying to get into sausage making.  I have the books just need the tools. 

If you are up for a suggestion... I love me german potato salad but I once tried potato pancakes in a german style feast and am converted.  It just clicks better with the rest of the meal (very similar to yours) and more lady/kid friendly if you have guests.  I consider the pancake the "gateway" to german food.  Many of my friends and even family are turned off. 

That pils looks excellent! 
Sam
Sandusky, OH

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2065 on: September 23, 2016, 08:15:58 am »

OMG that just made me so hungry.  I am dying to get into sausage making.  I have the books just need the tools. 

If you are up for a suggestion... I love me german potato salad but I once tried potato pancakes in a german style feast and am converted.  It just clicks better with the rest of the meal (very similar to yours) and more lady/kid friendly if you have guests.  I consider the pancake the "gateway" to german food.  Many of my friends and even family are turned off. 

That pils looks excellent! 

Thanks, man. I love the German potato pancakes (and potato dumplings), too. My friends and family are pretty fond of my German potato salad so I always make it. But you're right about the pancakes - they're really good.
Jon H.

Offline Erik_Mog

• Assistant Brewer
  • Still a NEWB, but learning and getting better.....
« Reply #2066 on: September 23, 2016, 08:13:14 pm »
All Grain version of my Blood Orange Hefeweizen.  It does have more blood orange aroma and flavor than the extract version.  Used WLP300 for this one, and did not get the up front banana that I got with WB-06 in the extract version.  It is definitely a crisper beer than the extract version was, and the color is more of what I was looking for.  The extract version was way too dark.  I do think I like this one better than the extract version, even without the up front banana.  It has the body and crispness I would expect from a Hefeweizen.

Bottled/Drinking:  Born Again Heathenweizen, Mongrel Belgian
Fermenting:  None
Future:  Undecided...too many to choose from

Doggie Mutt Brewing Co.
"Beer....Because people suck."

Offline mharding73

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2067 on: September 24, 2016, 02:59:58 pm »
My kitchen sink IPA.  2 weeks after bottling. 

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2068 on: September 24, 2016, 03:30:44 pm »
Nice looking beer.
Jon H.

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #2069 on: September 24, 2016, 03:34:59 pm »
Marzen
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281