Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 584338 times)

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #2655 on: June 25, 2017, 07:13:23 pm »
I could be wrong, but I don't believe there's a dry equivalent. Regardless, I normally use 1056 for APA, so S05 would work great. 1450 is nice for the fuller mouthfeel though. All things equal, it's my house recipe APA (other than rotating hops) and it works great with 1056/05.
Thanks Jon.  That will be on my short list to brew.
Many of us would be on a strict liquid diet if it weren't for pretzels.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2656 on: June 25, 2017, 07:27:03 pm »
I could be wrong, but I don't believe there's a dry equivalent. Regardless, I normally use 1056 for APA, so S05 would work great. 1450 is nice for the fuller mouthfeel though. All things equal, it's my house recipe APA (other than rotating hops) and it works great with 1056/05.

Cool. It's based on what (at one time at least) was one of Russian River's APA bases to use for hop experimentation. Curious to see what you think.
Jon H.

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2657 on: June 25, 2017, 07:49:35 pm »

Cool. It's based on what (at one time at least) was one of Russian River's APA bases to use for hop experimentation. Curious to see what you think.
Me too!
I'll be using Thomas Fawcett MO and GW 2-row.  But that shouldn't make much of a difference.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2658 on: June 25, 2017, 08:07:05 pm »

Me too!
I'll be using Thomas Fawcett MO and GW 2-row.  But that shouldn't make much of a difference.

Nope. If anything, those are better malts !
Jon H.

The Beerery

« Reply #2659 on: June 26, 2017, 04:39:27 pm »
North German pils.
20% dark Munich 40ibu and a little salt water. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2660 on: June 26, 2017, 04:42:58 pm »
Looks awesome, especially on a nice summer day!
Jon H.

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2661 on: June 26, 2017, 10:08:47 pm »
Yeah, simple is almost always better IMO. I've used biscuit and Victory to get a little toastiness, but the MO is a softer toasty character, and doesn't come off like a bitter at that small amount . The glass is one of the Spiegelau IPA glasses - it's smaller but weighted on the bottom, and the glass is light, thin crystal so it's pretty stable actually.
As for the hops, FWIW I added 40 IBU Magnum @ 60 (no more boil hops), then cooled to 175F and added 2.25 oz each of Azacca and Lemon Drop to steep for 30 mins. Dry hopped 1.5 oz of each.
Jon, What was your batch size for those Azecca an LD steep and dry hop additions?  Dry hop in keg or primary?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:17:15 pm by Philbrew »

Offline MagicRat

• Cellarman
« Reply #2662 on: June 27, 2017, 04:40:00 am »

A pint of my latest APA with Cascade/Amarillo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2663 on: June 27, 2017, 11:14:24 am »
Yeah, simple is almost always better IMO. I've used biscuit and Victory to get a little toastiness, but the MO is a softer toasty character, and doesn't come off like a bitter at that small amount . The glass is one of the Spiegelau IPA glasses - it's smaller but weighted on the bottom, and the glass is light, thin crystal so it's pretty stable actually.
As for the hops, FWIW I added 40 IBU Magnum @ 60 (no more boil hops), then cooled to 175F and added 2.25 oz each of Azacca and Lemon Drop to steep for 30 mins. Dry hopped 1.5 oz of each.
Jon, What was your batch size for those Azecca an LD steep and dry hop additions?  Dry hop in keg or primary?

5.5 gallons postboil, 5 gallons in keg. I keg hop in paint strainer bags and leave the bag in btw.
Jon H.

Offline Invertalon

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2664 on: June 27, 2017, 03:06:23 pm »
My new Pils!

Honestly turned out to be the absolute best Pils I have ever had. As far as I am concerned, the process and water profile is spot on. This batch used Tettnanger and Saaz.

This one is unfined and only has been cold conditioning for three weeks (tapped a hair early due to a friend coming over for a share, so I just had to crack into it!)

5.5% ABV, 50 IBU

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2665 on: June 27, 2017, 04:03:04 pm »
My new Pils!

Honestly turned out to be the absolute best Pils I have ever had. As far as I am concerned, the process and water profile is spot on. This batch used Tettnanger and Saaz.

This one is unfined and only has been cold conditioning for three weeks (tapped a hair early due to a friend coming over for a share, so I just had to crack into it!)

5.5% ABV, 50 IBU

Beautiful looking beer!  Great day for one.
Jon H.

Offline pkrone

• Cellarman
« Reply #2666 on: June 27, 2017, 06:15:31 pm »
That pils look great.
I like beer.  I like to make beer.   I don't like to argue about beer or making beer.

Offline pkrone

• Cellarman
« Reply #2667 on: June 27, 2017, 06:16:53 pm »

Munich dunkel.   Tasty.
I like beer.  I like to make beer.   I don't like to argue about beer or making beer.

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #2668 on: June 27, 2017, 06:36:38 pm »
Looks very tasty pkrone

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline sn00ky

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2669 on: June 28, 2017, 02:16:27 am »
Attempt at a Stella clone