Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 578654 times)

rabeb25

Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2014, 08:34:39 am »
SNPA like Pale ale

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2014, 08:46:19 am »
Dang. Even Sierra Nevada pale ale isn't that clear. Looks very nice.
Jesse

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:12 am »

My first sour beer, a Flander's Red. Kegged a couple weeks ago and almost gone already!

Beautiful color and clarity!
Ron Price

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:36 am »
SNPA like Pale ale

Nice looking beer!
Ron Price

Offline meltroha

• 1st Kit
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2014, 12:06:20 pm »

She's not quite ready yet

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2014, 12:24:48 pm »
Well that's one way of adapting an upright freezer! Didn't think it was possible.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline WDE97

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lewiston, ID
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2014, 04:24:14 pm »

My first sour beer, a Flander's Red. Kegged a couple weeks ago and almost gone already!

Beautiful color and clarity!

Thanks bluesman! It's even cleared up a bit more in the past few weeks. Taking a lot of self-discipline to not drink it all at once! Wish those dang sour beers didn't take so long to age.  :P  I bottled about half of the batch for further aging and to compare to the batches I have made since. Trying to keep a pipeline of Flander's Red going by brewing one every 4 months or so.
Robert H.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.    - Steven Wright

On tap: Strong Scotch Ale, RIS, ESB, Saison.

Fermenting: Belgian Dark Strong, Kolsch.

Up next: Bock, NEIPA, Brett Saison

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #292 on: April 25, 2014, 08:30:55 am »

First pour off of the newly modified kegerator. Condensation kept forming on the glass, but it's "read a newspaper through it" clear IRL.

Cheers guys!
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #293 on: April 25, 2014, 08:33:42 am »
nice amanda!  APA?
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #294 on: April 25, 2014, 09:05:36 am »
nice amanda!  APA?

Munich Helles, actually. Here's the pre-lagering picture. Yeast was the Wyeast PC strain from Jan-March... Hella Bock?

Amanda Burkemper

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #295 on: April 25, 2014, 10:01:45 am »
I have never had a beer look that clear in the carboy. I love Munich helles though. Can't seem to get the flavor that Weihenstephaner Premium has. I wonder if some of that is oxidation, but whatever it is, I love it. It's almost honey-like.
Jesse

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #296 on: April 25, 2014, 10:39:31 am »
I have never had a beer look that clear in the carboy. I love Munich helles though. Can't seem to get the flavor that Weihenstephaner Premium has. I wonder if some of that is oxidation, but whatever it is, I love it. It's almost honey-like.

OT, kinda... I'm sure you've seen "That German Lager Flavor" thread on here, it's a good read if you haven't.

"Honey-like" is something I associate with Vienna malt. This one definitely has it (and was brewed with a bit of Vienna). If it was a touch drier it'd be a perfect beer.
Amanda Burkemper

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #297 on: April 25, 2014, 10:47:11 am »

OT, kinda... I'm sure you've seen "That German Lager Flavor" thread on here, it's a good read if you haven't.

"Honey-like" is something I associate with Vienna malt. This one definitely has it (and was brewed with a bit of Vienna). If it was a touch drier it'd be a perfect beer.

It's amazing what lagering a beer on the yeast for 2-4 weeks will do for clarity.
Ron Price

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #298 on: April 25, 2014, 10:51:33 am »

Ha, I created that thread. I have used Vienna before, I get more of a toast character from Vienna. I think a lot of breweries use Munich in their helles. But I'm all for brewing helles whenever I can, so why not try it all...
I would doubt that Weihenstephaner Premium is 100% pils malt. The flavor I get from that beer is more than that, for sure.
Jesse

Offline deathlylost

• Cellarman
    • 1000 Bottles of Beer
« Reply #299 on: April 25, 2014, 10:58:16 am »

First pour off of the newly modified kegerator. Condensation kept forming on the glass, but it's "read a newspaper through it" clear IRL.

Cheers guys!

Great clarity. What a great looking beer. I wish I had the means to make lagers. A good Munich Helles sounds wonderful. Good job. Sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk