Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 585970 times)

Offline steppedonapoptop

• Cellarman
Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #3480 on: March 31, 2020, 02:17:40 pm »
Amber Lager made with Mecca Grade Pelton and Metolius plus a few other trinkets. Bittered and finished with Hallertau and Cascade. WLP940 Mexican to do the heavy lifting.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 02:21:37 pm by steppedonapoptop »

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #3481 on: March 31, 2020, 02:21:51 pm »
Amber Lager made with Mecca Grade Peyton and Metolius plus a few other trinkets. Buttered and finished with Hallertau and Cascade. WLP940 Mexican to do the heavy lifting.

Hey brother Poptop... is this your idea of a Negra Modelo or something along those lines?  You know I have 940 coming up here (making a starter tomorrow) and I plan on a Victoria-like lager, probably something similar to what you have here and then some lighter lagers for when the weather starts to cooperate.  How are you liking the 940 character?  Cheers!
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3482 on: March 31, 2020, 02:22:29 pm »
Amber Lager made with Mecca Grade Peyton and Metolius plus a few other trinkets. Buttered and finished with Hallertau and Cascade. WLP940 Mexican to do the heavy lifting.

Sounds great.  1 Please!

Offline steppedonapoptop

• Cellarman
« Reply #3483 on: March 31, 2020, 02:51:30 pm »

Hey brother Poptop... is this your idea of a Negra Modelo or something along those lines?  You know I have 940 coming up here (making a starter tomorrow) and I plan on a Victoria-like lager, probably something similar to what you have here and then some lighter lagers for when the weather starts to cooperate.  How are you liking the 940 character?  Cheers!

Hola Amigo!!!!
No intentions of any commercial recipe. I had a feel for this one. Wanted to keep the malt forward and the hops present but not in yer face. Faint cascade in the finish that gives me feel of a little citrus but not overwhelming. I wanted a pounder and am happy. So glad to chat with you man.

Offline steppedonapoptop

• Cellarman
« Reply #3484 on: March 31, 2020, 02:53:50 pm »

Sounds great.  1 Please!

It’s always free to my friends

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3485 on: March 31, 2020, 03:03:03 pm »

Hola Amigo!!!!
No intentions of any commercial recipe. I had a feel for this one. Wanted to keep the malt forward and the hops present but not in yer face. Faint cascade in the finish that gives me feel of a little citrus but not overwhelming. I wanted a pounder and am happy. So glad to chat with you man.
Yum, that sounds delightful.  Thanks for sharing & always great to talk to YOU!  :D
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline steppedonapoptop

• Cellarman
« Reply #3486 on: March 31, 2020, 03:41:24 pm »

Hola Amigo!!!!
Yum, that sounds delightful.  Thanks for sharing & always great to talk to YOU!  :D

Awe man, miss your shenanigans friend

Offline Bklmt2000

• Cellarman
« Reply #3487 on: March 31, 2020, 03:53:57 pm »
Amber Lager made with Mecca Grade Pelton and Metolius plus a few other trinkets. Bittered and finished with Hallertau and Cascade. WLP940 Mexican to do the heavy lifting.

A tall one of those for me, please.  :)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #3488 on: March 31, 2020, 03:57:56 pm »
Here’s my riff on a Classic Pale Ale. Something normal for abnormal times. 11 daze grain to glass.

Edited to replace ‘someone’ with ‘something’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:17:37 pm by BrewBama »

Offline steppedonapoptop

• Cellarman
« Reply #3489 on: March 31, 2020, 04:03:55 pm »
Here’s my riff on a Classic Pale Ale. Someone normal for abnormal times. 11 daze grain to glass.

Beautiful brother!! Cheers

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3490 on: March 31, 2020, 04:04:47 pm »
Here’s my riff on a Classic Pale Ale. Someone normal for abnormal times. 11 daze grain to glass.

Nice.  I occasionally talk with beer lovers about how the 'standard pale ale' or 'american pale ale' no longer exists when you go out to a brewpub so we have to make them ourselves.  I'm okay with the flavors of Citra, Amarillo, Galaxy, etc. but it seems like so many IPAs are made that way, I occasionally like to make a nice 5% pale ale and add some late hops like Northern Brewer, Mt. Hood, Glacier, Crystal, Santiam, Liberty, Sterling, etc.  What kind of hops did you use here?
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline steppedonapoptop

• Cellarman
« Reply #3491 on: March 31, 2020, 04:06:11 pm »
Bklmt2000, the heavy lifting line comes from you my Brother 😊

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #3492 on: March 31, 2020, 04:10:50 pm »
Just good old skool hops:

Horizon at 45, Centennial and Cascade at 10.

Steeped .5 oz Centennial and .5 oz Cascade for 20 min.

This is a dangerously good beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:12:25 pm by BrewBama »

Offline steppedonapoptop

• Cellarman
« Reply #3493 on: March 31, 2020, 04:18:51 pm »
Just good old skool hops:

Horizon at 45, Centennial and Cascade at 10.

Steeped .5 oz Centennial and .5 oz Cascade for 20 min.

This is a dangerously good beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old Skool hops are on my radar these days. I have a Cent, Columbus, Cascade and Chinook finishing up as I type this. So excited to toss one back.

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #3494 on: March 31, 2020, 04:22:08 pm »

My Helles

Dan Chisholm