Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 585845 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #3615 on: May 07, 2020, 04:17:37 pm »

My German Pils is going down easy while I reverse sear a Tomahawk Steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m picking up what you’re layin down!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #3616 on: May 07, 2020, 04:23:37 pm »

That looks great.

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #3617 on: May 07, 2020, 04:48:35 pm »

Oh yeah... that looks righteous, Dan.  Cheers.
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3618 on: May 07, 2020, 04:53:53 pm »
Getting close to the end of this keg of "American Pub Ale".  I'm actually trying to kill it so I can get a bock on tap.  :D

Ken from Chicago. 

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #3619 on: May 07, 2020, 05:38:04 pm »
Getting close to the end of this keg of "American Pub Ale".  I'm actually trying to kill it so I can get a bock on tap.  :D

That beer looks very nice as well! I understand trying to free up keg space. Since I’ve been home so much lately, I have many beers that are “on deck”. They’re all telling me, “Put me in coach!”.

Dan Chisholm

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3620 on: May 07, 2020, 06:32:09 pm »
That beer looks very nice as well! I understand trying to free up keg space. Since I’ve been home so much lately, I have many beers that are “on deck”. They’re all telling me, “Put me in coach!”.
I know.  This beer is great right now but it's spring and I have a bock waiting so it's time.  So I need to kill a keg of beer... rough work.  :D  Cheers.
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3621 on: May 07, 2020, 06:35:44 pm »

I like that concept, it's something I'm thinking about now. Could you give a very brief description of how you made it? American Pub Ale?

I'm really torn between making an american IPA and a very traditional best bitter at the moment.

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #3622 on: May 07, 2020, 08:02:05 pm »
I know.  This beer is great right now but it's spring and I have a bock waiting so it's time.  So I need to kill a keg of beer... rough work.  :D  Cheers.
I’m a slave to the kegerator right now. I drink the same beer every night so I can make room for the beer the fermenter.

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3623 on: May 07, 2020, 10:38:28 pm »
I like that concept, it's something I'm thinking about now. Could you give a very brief description of how you made it? American Pub Ale?

I'm really torn between making an american IPA and a very traditional best bitter at the moment.
I make a few beers like this because I am not the hoppy IPA type.  This beer was Golden Promise and wheat for the base grains (I believe 70/30) and then 4 ounces each of a dark UK crystal (178°L) and Special B.  Northern Brewer to bitter and then more Northern Brewer at the end of the boil to about 24-25 IBUs.  I used 1056 on this beer but I occasionally use 1028, 1968, etc.  Smooth, satisfying, refreshing, balanced, etc.  I know "American Pub Ale" is not a style but it's a nice, wide-open idea.  It's probably closest to an Amber Ale.  Lots of room for creativity.  Cheers.
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #3624 on: May 07, 2020, 10:54:47 pm »
I’m a slave to the kegerator right now. I drink the same beer every night so I can make room for the beer the fermenter.
I’m with ya. Was trying to finish off maibock so I could put a finished beer on tonight while I brewed. Couldn’t kick it but got very close. It lost its spot.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline BrewBama

Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #3625 on: May 08, 2020, 05:28:58 am »

I make a few beers like this because I am not the hoppy IPA type.  This beer was Golden Promise and wheat for the base grains (I believe 70/30) and then 4 ounces each of a dark UK crystal (178°L) and Special B.  Northern Brewer to bitter and then more Northern Brewer at the end of the boil to about 24-25 IBUs.  I used 1056 on this beer but I occasionally use 1028, 1968, etc.  Smooth, satisfying, refreshing, balanced, etc.  I know "American Pub Ale" is not a style but it's a nice, wide-open idea.  It's probably closest to an Amber Ale.  Lots of room for creativity.  Cheers.
I like your Pub Ale concept. Though I like a firm balancing bitterness, I’m not into some of the blasters that are commonplace.

I usually have two beers on tap with one clearing/conditioning/lagering/maturing/carbonating waiting in line behind them. I’ll lean on one of the two more than the other to try to kick it to move the pipeline along. I may drink the same beer for several days but that’s not unusual: I drank the same lite beer for years before I began home brewing again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 07:06:43 am by BrewBama »

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3626 on: May 08, 2020, 08:00:53 am »
When I travel I like to check out the local beers.  I have been in Colorado, Texas, Florida, Arizona, New Mexico, etc. and found a local beer that would all seem to fit into this category:  An ale.  A decent amount of color... maybe 8 to 12 SRM.  Moderate hops, maybe 20-30 IBUs and that came from hops that I would call "clean", not citrusy like Citra, Galaxy, Amarillo, etc.  More like Willamette, Liberty, Northern Brewer, First Gold, Crystal, Mt. Hood, Sterling, Vanguard... something like that.  In almost every case the beer had a non-descript name like Sixth Avenue Ale or Park Street Ale or Foaming Squirrel Ale or Snakebite Amber or whatever.  I brought this up to some of my brewing buds and we called these "American Ales" or "American Pub Ales".  I remember being at the Cubs spring training park with my daughter and I was at the beer tent with all the name-brand fizzy gold beers but there was a 16oz can of some local beer.  I bought one and it fell into this category.  Back at the hotel there was another one of these on tap in the bar and I stopped at a quickie-mart on that trip and bought a sixer of some local beer that looked good... same thing.  I like it.   
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline Die Beerery

• Cellarman
  • Stuff and Things
    • Low Oxygen Brewing
« Reply #3627 on: May 08, 2020, 03:52:03 pm »
An SNPA type of beer.

The Beerery-Simply, Made, Perfect. Professional Brewing Consultant.
Head Brewer at The Beerery And Other Undisclosed Locations.
Some of my Mindless Brewing Ramblings
Youtube Channel

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #3628 on: May 08, 2020, 04:27:52 pm »

Golden Stout.

On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #3629 on: May 08, 2020, 05:24:56 pm »

Golden Stout.

Beautiful, but what makes it a stout?
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995