Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 585578 times)

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #3840 on: October 13, 2020, 09:10:23 am »
I have been doing lagers and bitters lately and quite happy with the results, but would you guys care to share your Timothy Taylor's Landlord recipes, if you have them?  I will be looking to give the dry yeast ESB a try at some point - it sounds like it has received many high marks where I have read about it.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Online pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #3841 on: October 13, 2020, 12:34:47 pm »
A quick search didn't find it right away but I could have sworn that Jeff (Hopefundmalz) had a recipe in a thread here. Also I think Shut Up About Barclay Perkins did.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Online pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #3842 on: October 13, 2020, 12:36:17 pm »
these posts make me jealous of your beers AND your backyards!
Yea tried to get the foliage in the shot. I guess its a big backyard, nothing but forest for several miles in that direction.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3843 on: October 13, 2020, 03:25:27 pm »
A quick search didn't find it right away but I could have sworn that Jeff (Hopefundmalz) had a recipe in a thread here. Also I think Shut Up About Barclay Perkins did.

madfermentationist has one, though i think its from a few years ago. it was 100% maris otter and a mix of styrian/EKG and i think fuggles.

Offline BrewBama

Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #3844 on: October 13, 2020, 04:04:09 pm »
I have been doing lagers and bitters lately and quite happy with the results, but would you guys care to share your Timothy Taylor's Landlord recipes, if you have them?  I will be looking to give the dry yeast ESB a try at some point - it sounds like it has received many high marks where I have read about it.

Here’s the Mad Fermentationist version: https://www.themadfermentationist.com/2010/02/timothy-taylor-landlord-clone-recipe.html

Malt Miller version: https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/the-boy-taylor-landlord-clone/

Previous thread on the topic: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=11846.0

My version:
88% Golden Promise
3% C120
9% Invert No1 (added at 5 min in boil)

1 oz Styrian Golding (Celeia)  @ 60
1 oz EKG @ 45
1 oz Styrian Golding (Celeia) @ 5

WYeast 1469 West Yorkshire Ale would probably be best but I’ve used S-04 and Nottingham but might try other newly released more appropriate English strains.

Water should probably be a bit gypsum forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 04:20:59 pm by BrewBama »

Online pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #3845 on: October 13, 2020, 05:58:13 pm »

Here’s the Mad Fermentationist version: https://www.themadfermentationist.com/2010/02/timothy-taylor-landlord-clone-recipe.html

Malt Miller version: https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/the-boy-taylor-landlord-clone/

Previous thread on the topic: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=11846.0

My version:
88% Golden Promise
3% C120
9% Invert No1 (added at 5 min in boil)

1 oz Styrian Golding (Celeia)  @ 60
1 oz EKG @ 45
1 oz Styrian Golding (Celeia) @ 5

WYeast 1469 West Yorkshire Ale would probably be best but I’ve used S-04 and Nottingham but might try other newly released more appropriate English strains.

Water should probably be a bit gypsum forward.

Thanks for posting this Brewbama.
I am making something similar tomorrow. I have some malt I need to go through that also dictated my last grain bill but I liked the malt profile. It will be 99% pale malt from Valley Malt, a local master, and 1% black malt. No crystal or invert, although both things I want to futz around with in the future. 1.047 OG.
Definitely gypsum forward (burton snatch).
My hop schedule for the last one was similar to yours but I a have a question. I get a definite black tea flavor and maybe aroma from TTL that I associate with EKG. My instinct is to go 3-1 in favor of EKG including the later addition. Do you remember the hop profile from yours? Just wondering if that black tea profile I like is also present in the Styrian Golding and also if it is brought out by boiling or late addition.

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
« Reply #3846 on: October 13, 2020, 05:58:56 pm »
Pumpkin spice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #3847 on: October 13, 2020, 06:05:19 pm »
... Do you remember the hop profile from yours? Just wondering if that black tea profile I like is also present in the Styrian Golding and also if it is brought out by boiling or late addition.

I can’t recall a black tea note in that recipe. ...but it’s been a while.

Online pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #3848 on: October 13, 2020, 06:33:05 pm »
... Do you remember the hop profile from yours? Just wondering if that black tea profile I like is also present in the Styrian Golding and also if it is brought out by boiling or late addition.

It might be one of those weird taste perception things: I get strong black tea notes (in a very pleasant way) from EKG but I only hear that occasionally from others.

Offline Oiscout

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3849 on: October 13, 2020, 07:27:08 pm »
Altbier

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3850 on: October 13, 2020, 07:40:04 pm »

It might be one of those weird taste perception things: I get strong black tea notes (in a very pleasant way) from EKG but I only hear that occasionally from others.

i wouldnt say strong but definitely a good chunk of black tea in it. im a fan of EKG. it is kind of my default hop in so many beers.

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #3851 on: October 14, 2020, 04:02:33 pm »

My American Brown Ale which turned out like more of an Amber Ale because I used Pale Chocolate Malt instead of the 350 L Chocolate malt.

Dan Chisholm

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #3852 on: October 14, 2020, 06:12:43 pm »

My American Brown Ale which turned out like more of an Amber Ale because I used Pale Chocolate Malt instead of the 350 L Chocolate malt.

It looks good. I have a Brown Ale with Pale Chocolate Malt in the keg lagering now. I boiled 90 minutes and added a bit of C120 to darken. I am still waiting for it to clear to see if that worked.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3853 on: October 14, 2020, 09:23:03 pm »
Belgian Single (For the purpose of yeast collection)

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #3854 on: October 15, 2020, 06:32:10 am »
Belgian Single (For the purpose of yeast collection)

I did the same thing before brewing my Belgian Dark Strong and the Single ended up very good and flavorful for a lower alcohol beer.

Dan Chisholm