Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 586034 times)

Offline JacobT

• 1st Kit
Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #3915 on: November 11, 2020, 09:13:56 am »
My first pilsner, very happy with the results (although i "clearly" forgot to add gelatine when kegging).
Pure Weyermann Barke pilsner malt, Hallertauer Mittlefruh and 34/70. So i guess a SMASH pilsner

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #3916 on: November 11, 2020, 09:20:41 am »
My first pilsner, very happy with the results (although i "clearly" forgot to add gelatine when kegging).
Pure Weyermann Barke pilsner malt, Hallertauer Mittlefruh and 34/70. So i guess a SMASH pilsner

Very nice.  I really like that Weyermann Barke Pils.  Sounds like my kind of beer.  Cheers.
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline JacobT

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3917 on: November 11, 2020, 09:32:58 am »

Very nice.  I really like that Weyermann Barke Pils.  Sounds like my kind of beer.  Cheers.
Yeah, I've not used it before, but it is definitely not the last time

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3918 on: November 11, 2020, 09:33:24 am »
More of this Tipopils before it's gone...

Looks great as usual Ken! Can you give me any tips on the recipe? I make pretty hoppy pilsners and have been curious about these guys.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3919 on: November 11, 2020, 10:17:10 am »
More of this Tipopils before it's gone...

Looks great as usual Ken! Can you give me any tips on the recipe? I make pretty hoppy pilsners and have been curious about these guys.
There is a longish thread on it HERE on a small board I set up earlier this year.  Denny has mentioned it on his podcast a few times (Thanks Denny).  I extend an invitation to any and all here who would like to participate there.  We could use some new members.  On the beer itself, it's the Birrificio Italiano Tipopils and I believe there is a link to an article from the brewer.  There is also a snip of the recipe I brewed which is slightly different from the original.  Firestone Walker's brewer Matt Bryndleson (sp?) was inspired by this beer and created Pivo Pils, another delicious beer.  There is a lot of info in that thread... plenty to get you set up to make the beer.  Cheers.
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #3920 on: November 11, 2020, 11:07:23 am »
Thanks Ken! My pils uses a bit more hops so it looks like I just need to move some additions around I think.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 11:20:36 am by Iliff Ave Brewhouse »

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3921 on: November 11, 2020, 11:28:23 am »
Thanks Ken! My pils uses a bit more hops so it looks like I just need to move some additions around I think.
I have not had the chance to try Tipopils.  I don't think it's available here.  I have been having a hard time finding Pivo Pils lately but it seemed to be much hoppier than this similar version I tried to make.  Also, if you find the link where the BEER & BREWING article is located, the original brewer of Tipopils lays out the recipe and it's all pilsner malt plus something like 1.4 ounces of CaraMunich.  Very strange.  I did it that way but with some of the LO processes in place the color of my beers has been very pale.  I don't think I had enough depth in my grain bill and the beer finished quite dry... 1.006 or so.  So in the future I might add a bit of Munich 1 or something and then rethink the hopping... I did not get as much as Pivo Pils.  This is the fun of it... dialing it in.  Cheers.
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #3922 on: November 11, 2020, 11:35:26 am »
I have not had the chance to try Tipopils.  I don't think it's available here.  I have been having a hard time finding Pivo Pils lately but it seemed to be much hoppier than this similar version I tried to make.  Also, if you find the link where the BEER & BREWING article is located, the original brewer of Tipopils lays out the recipe and it's all pilsner malt plus something like 1.4 ounces of CaraMunich.  Very strange.  I did it that way but with some of the LO processes in place the color of my beers has been very pale.  I don't think I had enough depth in my grain bill and the beer finished quite dry... 1.006 or so.  So in the future I might add a bit of Munich 1 or something and then rethink the hopping... I did not get as much as Pivo Pils.  This is the fun of it... dialing it in.  Cheers.

I do love me some Pivo Pils. My goal is just to do something in that direction but with my own flare and processes.

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3923 on: November 13, 2020, 09:00:42 am »
Okay, I apologize.  I have already posted this beer but last night was the last pint and then the keg blew.  This is my Tipopils again and it's gone.  This is the last pint (and yes I filtered this photo in honor of how good the beer was).  Tipopils, we hardly knew ye...

Ken from Chicago. 

Offline Cliffs

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3924 on: November 13, 2020, 09:52:50 am »

maybe its the lighting, but this seems dark for barke pils. This is an all Barke pils of mine after a few weeks of lagering,

https://imgur.com/a/5hVO84U

Offline JacobT

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3925 on: November 13, 2020, 10:24:44 am »

maybe its the lighting, but this seems dark for barke pils. This is an all Barke pils of mine after a few weeks of lagering,

Lightning and condensation, would be my guess

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #3926 on: November 13, 2020, 10:48:01 am »

Isn’t it amazing how so few ingredients synergistically transforms into a fine beer.

It’ll clear soon.  Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Cliffs

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3927 on: November 13, 2020, 11:13:25 am »

Lightning and condensation, would be my guess

defnitely the lighting! thats what mine looks like

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #3928 on: November 13, 2020, 07:05:41 pm »

Amber lager. Still clearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3929 on: November 13, 2020, 10:28:54 pm »

Amber lager. Still clearing
Whoo boy.  I love me some amber lager.  Tell me what's in it. 
Ken from Chicago.