Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 585973 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #5115 on: December 31, 2022, 12:51:54 pm »
This is my Nonezymatic Mash Low ABV Vienna Lager. It’s a beauty but the looks are deceiving. It tastes weird. i’m not sure if it was the NEM or one too many trips for the 34/70 slurry or what oh well, good with the bad.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 01:01:43 pm by BrewBama »

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #5116 on: January 05, 2023, 02:53:33 pm »

American Brown Ale 6.5% ABV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan Chisholm

Offline DeeKay

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5117 on: January 09, 2023, 05:00:45 pm »
Compliments to this whole thread!

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5118 on: January 15, 2023, 08:44:34 pm »

that lager i made on a ~2.5 hours of active brewday time for an allgrain beer. overnight mash resulted in extreme attenuation of 83%. WLP920 which is very estery, will see if thats normal for the yeast upon tasting the follow up wlp920 brew. this is it ~2.5 weeks out and it tastes good to me.

Online Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #5119 on: January 16, 2023, 09:10:39 am »
That looks nice.  I have used WLP920... what is it supposed to be similar to?  I'm surprised it's estery. 
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5120 on: January 16, 2023, 09:18:06 am »
That looks nice.  I have used WLP920... what is it supposed to be similar to?  I'm surprised it's estery.

im still trying to pin it down, but i think it reminds me of an american lager flavour. ill taste it again sometime this week and see if i can provide some quality tasting notes.

Online Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #5121 on: January 23, 2023, 12:38:16 pm »

im still trying to pin it down, but i think it reminds me of an american lager flavour. ill taste it again sometime this week and see if i can provide some quality tasting notes.
I've been brewing for a long time but I'm still surprised when a beer's profile changes/improves over time.  Don't discount the power of our tastebuds too... sometimes you taste one of your beers and it's awful and you wonder what happened but it could be something we ate, medication, maybe we're "beered-out" and it just doesn't taste good but a week later it's fantastic.  Or... it's just estery and we move on.  :D
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5122 on: January 23, 2023, 12:41:23 pm »

I've been brewing for a long time but I'm still surprised when a beer's profile changes/improves over time.  Don't discount the power of our tastebuds too... sometimes you taste one of your beers and it's awful and you wonder what happened but it could be something we ate, medication, maybe we're "beered-out" and it just doesn't taste good but a week later it's fantastic.  Or... it's just estery and we move on.  :D

its going well so far, definitely reminiscent of an american lager flavour. it is perfectly drinkable, have another batch of dunkel coming out soon that was made with it. we'll see.

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #5123 on: January 27, 2023, 08:48:32 am »
Hello all,

What a cool thread to scan and see so many beautiful homebrews from over the years.

For anyone open, we'd also love to publish your sudsy photos in Zymurgy Magazine. Here is the link https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/your-homebrew-experience/ to submit.

Cheers to all,
Julia
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director
American Homebrewers Association | Boulder, CO 80302

Offline mmonroe1

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5124 on: January 31, 2023, 07:54:58 pm »
From my brew day on Monday when I brewed a chocolate Imperial Stout, I am drinking a glass of a delicious 9% Winter Warmer I named “Divorce by Christmas “.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #5125 on: February 01, 2023, 07:18:36 am »
Hello all,

What a cool thread to scan and see so many beautiful homebrews from over the years.

For anyone open, we'd also love to publish your sudsy photos in Zymurgy Magazine. Here is the link https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/your-homebrew-experience/ to submit.

Cheers to all,
Julia
I never knew the members could submit routine photos like we do here on the forum. I knew there were certain special occasions we could add photos. I sent one of my brewery a few years (and brewhaus iterations) ago. But just a club brew, or a photo of a special pint. Whoduthunkit.

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5126 on: February 01, 2023, 09:10:30 am »
Hello all,

Cheers to all,
Julia
I never knew the members could submit routine photos like we do here on the forum. I knew there were certain special occasions we could add photos. I sent one of my brewery a few years (and brewhaus iterations) ago. But just a club brew, or a photo of a special pint. Whoduthunkit.

FWIW, Zymurgy is always looking for content. If anyone has photos or an article they'd like to have published,  contact them.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
« Reply #5127 on: February 01, 2023, 05:37:42 pm »
Helles brewed on Anvil Foundry 10.5. Happy with this beer.

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #5128 on: February 01, 2023, 08:06:14 pm »

Yum! Looks great! I’ve been wanting to do a helles forever and just never have. May happen soon. Mind sharing your recipe or tips?
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
« Reply #5129 on: February 02, 2023, 04:52:55 am »

Yum! Looks great! I’ve been wanting to do a helles forever and just never have. May happen soon. Mind sharing your recipe or tips?
Brewed on Anvil Foundry 10.5 with a 60 minute mash at 150F. Malt: 93.3% Avangard Germen Pilsner Malt (1st time using this malt), 3.3% Weyermann Barke Munich, 1.7% Weyermann Melanoiden Malt, 1.7% Briess Victory Malt. Bittered with Hallertau Mittlfrueh boiled for 60 minutes, Beer Smith calculated 20 IBU's. Didn't us any finings for clarity
Thanks for the nice comments.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 05:03:45 am by purduekenn »