Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 351593 times)

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #1275 on: March 14, 2016, 07:55:28 PM »
Seems like Equinox and Columbus would compliment each other greatly.

Smelled like a bunch of different fruit trees planted in a field of cannabis.  ;)

Now this, this is desirable. The next time I hear someone say they smell cat pee in a complimentary way, I'm going to freak.
Jesse

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #1276 on: March 14, 2016, 07:57:55 PM »

I'm really liking them and they go well with the other hops. I used the Equinox at a higher proportion and it has a nice fruity flavor and aroma.

I love Equinox and I love Citra, but I didn't like them together that well. They kinda clashed to me. As the beer got older, it started getting better.

Oh boy...just bought a # of Equinox to do a 50:50 with Citra in a couple of brews.  Berths Brewery seemed to like the combo so I figured why not as I love them individually...
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #1277 on: March 14, 2016, 08:07:09 PM »
Seems like Equinox and Columbus would compliment each other greatly.

Smelled like a bunch of different fruit trees planted in a field of cannabis.  ;)

That wouldn't happen to be in your backyard now would it?

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #1278 on: March 14, 2016, 08:21:53 PM »

I'm really liking them and they go well with the other hops. I used the Equinox at a higher proportion and it has a nice fruity flavor and aroma.

I love Equinox and I love Citra, but I didn't like them together that well. They kinda clashed to me. As the beer got older, it started getting better.

Oh boy...just bought a # of Equinox :P to do a 50:50 with Citra in a couple of brews.  Berths Brewery seemed to like the combo so I figured why not as I love them individually...

Paul, I just looked back at my recipe. It was equal parts Equinox, Citra, and Amarillo. My fault. After 4-6 weeks on tap, the combo started to melt together. I can't describe what I didn't like about it, I just know it wasn't my favorite. That doesn't mean it was bad though.

I truly think that Equinox is as versatile as Centennial. I think it has a juiced up centennial-like profile with an added dimension of resin. It just has such a high oil content that it can tend to dominate if it's not held in check.

Citra and Equinox might work really well together for you.... Remember, I'm the weirdo that hates mosaic  :P
Frank

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #1279 on: March 14, 2016, 08:23:36 PM »
Good point - forgot you didn't like Mosaic.  Weirdo
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #1280 on: March 14, 2016, 08:25:19 PM »

Yeah, Jon... This doesn't help me out being that I have no idea what cannabis smells like  ::)
Frank

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1281 on: March 14, 2016, 10:07:02 PM »

Yeah, Jon... This doesn't help me out being that I have no idea what cannabis smells like  ::)

I've read plenty of first hand accounts. As for fruit trees, I've been around several of those.  ;)
Jon H.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #1282 on: March 14, 2016, 10:14:57 PM »

Oh boy...just bought a # of Equinox :P to do a 50:50 with Citra in a couple of brews.  Berths Brewery seemed to like the combo so I figured why not as I love them individually...

Paul, I just looked back at my recipe. It was equal parts Equinox, Citra, and Amarillo. My fault. After 4-6 weeks on tap, the combo started to melt together. I can't describe what I didn't like about it, I just know it wasn't my favorite. That doesn't mean it was bad though.

I truly think that Equinox is as versatile as Centennial. I think it has a juiced up centennial-like profile with an added dimension of resin. It just has such a high oil content that it can tend to dominate if it's not held in check.

Citra and Equinox might work really well together for you.... Remember, I'm the weirdo that hates mosaic  :P

i haven't been able to like mosaic either....still hoping to find a beer with it that doesn't make my upper lip curl  :o
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #1283 on: March 14, 2016, 10:17:07 PM »

i haven't been able to like mosaic either....still hoping to find a beer with it that doesn't make my upper lip curl  :o

I'm the same way. I want to like it, but I just taste a bail of straw with a hint garlic powder.
Frank

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #1284 on: March 14, 2016, 10:18:05 PM »
Yeah the garlic gets me every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army

Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1285 on: March 14, 2016, 10:28:06 PM »
Out of curiosity guys  - was this on one bag of hops, also commercial Mosaic beers? I guess I've been lucky, I always get a fruitier, less catty version of Simcoe. Sometimes I get a bag of garlicky hops from a variety I normally love. Supposedly harvest related.
Jon H.

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #1286 on: March 14, 2016, 10:36:37 PM »

I believe its referred to as the mosaic "snarl".

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #1287 on: March 14, 2016, 10:52:59 PM »
Out of curiosity guys  - was this on one bag of hops, also commercial Mosaic beers? I guess I've been lucky, I always get a fruitier, less catty version of Simcoe. Sometimes I get a bag of garlicky hops from a variety I normally love. Supposedly harvest related.

Every.single.one... Homebrew and commercial.

Victory DirtWolf is brewed with mosaic... That's the only one that I've liked.
Frank

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1288 on: March 14, 2016, 10:55:32 PM »

Cool. Just curious. We like what we like.
Jon H.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #1289 on: March 14, 2016, 10:55:53 PM »

commercial/ microbrew only for me...that has deterred me from brewing with it.

Will have to try the victory and see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army

Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde