Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2019 Hops  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Ale Farmer

• Assistant Brewer
2019 Hops
« on: April 12, 2019, 07:09:53 pm »
Saw two days ago the first red tip of my Northern Brewer plant--a sure sign of spring here in Western Massachusetts... (Who needs robins).
George

Brew and grow...

Bottled: Belgian May Ale, APA, Wit, Pilsner, Rye Pale Ale, Pale Irish Ale, Dark Mild, Brown Porter, English Pale Ale, Amber Ale

Fermenting:

Next Brews: English Pale Ale, Spruce Porter, Brown Ale

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: 2019 Hops
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 07:26:43 pm »
I have one 2 feet tall and another about 10”. Spring has sprung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Virwill

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 09:30:47 am »
Indeed it has! Year 3 for my modest garden. The four pots/cultivars in my urban backyard are sprouting, w/one almost ready to lose its first shoots. Chinook, Columbus, Magnum, Cascade. It's especially pleasing because each underwent significant surgeries to remove the gigantic root balls I'd neglected check on before last year that, combined with a really wet season, yielded far less than they'd produced in year 1.

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 09:15:18 am »
I need to trim back mine. It might still be a bit wet where they're planted, got about 4" of snow on Sunday. Not sure how they produced last year, I didn't have time to harvest them. Hopefully I can get a good yield this year (Columbus).

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 09:29:08 am »
The plant I've been trying to kill off for 5 years is back again.....
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell