Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer graffiti mystery  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Beer graffiti mystery
« on: May 02, 2019, 01:31:24 pm »
I've been wondering about this piece of graffiti for around a year now.  Why have I spotted it?   Appropriately, it's right by my LHBS, the Grape and Granary!  Hopefully, now that a professional is on the case, the mystery will be solved.

https://www.ohio.com/news/20190502/graffiti-mystery-in-akron-whos-behind-beer
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Beer graffiti mystery
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 07:45:05 pm »
Brett Kavanaugh?
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline case thrower

• Assistant Brewer
  • NE Ohio
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 08:26:22 pm »
Rob, where exactly have you seen it?  Since we moved, I usually get off Rt. 8 @ Glenwood Ave. and take Fouse St. to Home Ave. and reverse it to get home.
Dave C.

Woke up this mornin' and I got myself a beer.
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 08:37:46 pm »
Rob, where exactly have you seen it?  Since we moved, I usually get off Rt. 8 @ Glenwood Ave. and take Fouse St. to Home Ave. and reverse it to get home.
It's on North St, on the pier of the Rt 8 bridge on the north side of the road, east face of the structure.  (I live in NW Akron, right in John's neck of the woods, so I take  North St from Aqueduct or Market over to Home Ave.)  Next time, take a loop around and have a look!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 08:42:23 pm by Robert »
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline case thrower

• Assistant Brewer
  • NE Ohio
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 08:42:38 pm »
It's on North St, on the pier of the Rt 8 bridge on the north side.  (I live in NW Akron, right in John's neck of the woods, so I take  North St from Aqueduct or Market over to Home Ave.)  Next time, take a loop around and have a look!

Cool!  I'll do more than look.  I'll make sure I've got the camera, too!  Thanks for the head's up.
Dave C.

Offline Robert

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 08:47:51 pm »
It's on North St, on the pier of the Rt 8 bridge on the north side.  (I live in NW Akron, right in John's neck of the woods, so I take  North St from Aqueduct or Market over to Home Ave.)  Next time, take a loop around and have a look!

Cool!  I'll do more than look.  I'll make sure I've got the camera, too!  Thanks for the head's up.
Yeah, I've been meaning to stop and snap a pic to post here as long as it's been there, but this article finally saved me the trouble !  ;D
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline case thrower

• Assistant Brewer
  • NE Ohio
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 08:49:13 pm »
Just took a look at the Armon's article again and that first picture is where you're talking about.  Rt. 8 above the the school bus parking lot.  Any idea where the second picture is from?
Dave C.

Offline Robert

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 08:54:19 pm »

Yeah, I've been meaning to stop and snap a pic to post here as long as it's been there, but this article finally saved me the trouble !  ;D

BTW,  I have also spotted this as a simple tag in white spray paint in at least one other spot, somewhere on West Hill or Highland Square, can't remember where exactly.  Side of a red brick building N. side of Market...  maybe somewhere else too.  It's amazing how, when you're driving and think you're watching the road, the word "BEER" seizes your attention in your peripheral vision...
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline Robert

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 08:55:20 pm »
Just took a look at the Armon's article again and that first picture is where you're talking about.  Rt. 8 above the the school bus parking lot.  Any idea where the second picture is from?
No haven't seen that one.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline case thrower

• Assistant Brewer
  • NE Ohio
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 09:04:04 pm »
No haven't seen that one.

I think it's time for me to go to bed.  I've got 4 the's in that response, and 2 of them don't belong! ;D  Good night!
Dave C.