Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Some Recipes from New Orleans  (Read 1406 times)

Offline JackAtkinson

• 1st Kit
    • Arts and Food
Some Recipes from New Orleans
« on: May 07, 2019, 06:33:18 am »
Hi fellow members,

I'm new here and I want to start with some recipes from one of my favorite places!

New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp
Ingredients:

-Makes 4 servings

-20 large (16/20) shrimp, peeled and deveined

-1 ounce canola oil

-1 tablespoon plus 5 teaspoons green onions, chopped

-2 ounces dry white wine

-1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic

-4 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce

-1 teaspoon Tabasco

-1/2 teaspoon cayenne

-1/2 teaspoon paprika

-8 ounces (2 sticks) salted butter

Directions:

Place a large cast iron skillet on a burner and heat over high heat. Add oil and cook shrimp until they are just done. It’s best to prepare shrimp in batches if you do not have large skillet. Remove shrimp and set aside on a large platter.

Add green onions to the oil in the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add white wine and let simmer until it is reduced by half.

When the wine is reduced by half, add chopped garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco. cayenne pepper and paprika. Shake the pan well and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low.

Cut butter into small chunks with the knife and slowly add into pan, shaking fast to melt butter.

Continue to add butter and shake until all butter is melted. Add shrimp back to pan and toss well to coat shrimp with butter and seasonings and to heat the shrimp. Place shrimp on four plates and enjoy.

My whole life, I have lived by these three words and tested my work and life through the lens of: “Is it Simple?” “Does it Exude Energy?” “Is the result Beautiful?” This test has worked out quite well for every part of my life, and it is the test for my website- https://artsandfood.com/.

Offline Wolbachia

• 1st Kit
Re: Some Recipes from New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 06:26:36 am »
Welcome to the community! The New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp recipe sounds delicious. If you're looking for another recipe to try from New Orleans, you might want to consider a pear salad recipe.

One variation of a New Orleans-style pear salad includes sliced pears, mixed greens, crumbled blue cheese, candied pecans, and a vinaigrette dressing. To make the vinaigrette, mix together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and salt and pepper to taste.

Arrange the mixed greens on a platter or individual plates and add sliced pears on top. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese and candied pecans over the pears and greens. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve immediately.

This pear salad recipe is a refreshing and flavorful option that is perfect for a light lunch or as a side dish for a dinner party. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 06:30:00 am by Wolbachia »

Offline Skeeter686

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 03:00:37 pm »
This does sound good... need to try soon!

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

Offline KeenanBradtke

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 04:17:33 am »
Hi fellow members,

I'm new here and I want to start with some recipes from one of my favorite places!

New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp
Ingredients:

-Makes 4 servings

-20 large (16/20) shrimp, peeled and deveined

-1 ounce canola oil

-1 tablespoon plus 5 teaspoons green onions, chopped

-2 ounces dry white wine

-1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic

-4 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce

-1 teaspoon Tabasco

-1/2 teaspoon cayenne

-1/2 teaspoon paprika

-8 ounces (2 sticks) salted butter

Directions:

Place a large cast iron skillet on a burner and heat over high heat. Add oil and cook shrimp until they are just done. It’s best to prepare shrimp in batches if you do not have large skillet. Remove shrimp and set aside on a large platter.

Add green onions to the oil in the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add white wine suika game simmer until it is reduced by half.

When the wine is reduced by half, add chopped garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco. cayenne pepper and paprika. Shake the pan well and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low.

Cut butter into small chunks with the knife and slowly add into pan, shaking fast to melt butter.

Continue to add butter and shake until all butter is melted. Add shrimp back to pan and toss well to coat shrimp with butter and seasonings and to heat the shrimp. Place shrimp on four plates and enjoy.

The combination of Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, cayenne pepper, and paprika definitely gives it a nice kick. I can already imagine the savory and spicy flavors coming together in the sauce.