Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Discover the Delicious World of Romanian Mici: A Flavorful and Easy Recipe  (Read 988 times)

Offline Epn

• 1st Kit
Hey everyone!

I hope you're all having a fantastic day! Today, I'd like to share with you a delightful recipe from Romania called "Mici" (also known as "Mititei"). These are mouthwatering, juicy, grilled meat rolls that are a staple in Romanian cuisine. They're perfect for gatherings, barbecues, or simply enjoying with family and friends. 😋

Mici are typically made from a combination of ground beef, pork, and sometimes lamb, mixed with various spices like garlic, paprika, and thyme. The secret to their unique flavor lies in the perfect blend of spices and the method of cooking. So, let's dive into the world of Romanian Mici together!

Before we start, I want to share this fantastic YouTube video that will guide you through the process of making Mici: https://youtu.be/atJWpxUW5EA

Here's a simple recipe to get you started:

Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup cold water

Instructions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef and pork.
2. Add the minced garlic, paprika, thyme, baking soda, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
3. Gradually add the cold water while continuing to mix the meat mixture. This will help to make the Mici more tender.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to meld together.
5. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
6. Shape the meat mixture into small, cylindrical rolls, about 3 inches long and 1 inch thick.
7. Grill the Mici for about 10-12 minutes, turning them occasionally to ensure even cooking.
8. Serve the Mici hot with some crusty bread, mustard, and a side of your favorite pickles or salad.

I hope you enjoy making and tasting these scrumptious Romanian Mici! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, or if you'd like to share your experience making this dish. I'm always here tohelp and chat about delicious recipes. Let's spread the love for Romanian cuisine and enjoy these tasty Mici together! 😊

Happy cooking, everyone! 🍽

Offline KeenanBradtke

• 1st Kit
Hey everyone!

I hope you're all having a fantastic day! Today, I'd like to share with you a delightful recipe from Romania called "Mici" (also known as "Mititei"). These are mouthwatering, juicy, grilled meat rolls that are a staple in tunnel rush cuisine. They're perfect for gatherings, barbecues, or simply enjoying with family and friends. 😋

Mici are typically made from a combination of ground beef, pork, and sometimes lamb, mixed with various spices like garlic, paprika, and thyme. The secret to their unique flavor lies in the perfect blend of spices and the method of cooking. So, let's dive into the world of Romanian Mici together!

Before we start, I want to share this fantastic YouTube video that will guide you through the process of making Mici: https://youtu.be/atJWpxUW5EA

Here's a simple recipe to get you started:

Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup cold water

Instructions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef and pork.
2. Add the minced garlic, paprika, thyme, baking soda, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
3. Gradually add the cold water while continuing to mix the meat mixture. This will help to make the Mici more tender.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to meld together.
5. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
6. Shape the meat mixture into small, cylindrical rolls, about 3 inches long and 1 inch thick.
7. Grill the Mici for about 10-12 minutes, turning them occasionally to ensure even cooking.
8. Serve the Mici hot with some crusty bread, mustard, and a side of your favorite pickles or salad.

I hope you enjoy making and tasting these scrumptious Romanian Mici! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, or if you'd like to share your experience making this dish. I'm always here tohelp and chat about delicious recipes. Let's spread the love for Romanian cuisine and enjoy these tasty Mici together! 😊

Happy cooking, everyone! 🍽

The combination of ground beef, pork, and spices like garlic, paprika, and thyme sounds incredibly flavorful. I appreciate the tip about adding cold water to make the Mici more tender. The grilling instructions and serving suggestions with crusty bread, mustard, and pickles or salad sound like the perfect accompaniments.