Super frustrated. Had a kegerator for over 10 years. Numerous homebrew and commercial kegs ran through it. On the last 3 or so commercial kegs, I am having a foaming problem. I want to resolve this before putting on a batch of homebrew IPA. Any guidance would be great!
- Replaced Regulator
- Moved from a 5 foot line to 10 foot line
- Using 3/16 line
- Replaced Coupler
- Same results with Picnic faucet versus tower faucet
- 30 degrees inside
- 33 degree beer temp after pour
- @ PSI 2-3 (yes, 2-3) the beer comes out mildly fast and foamy
- @ PSI 8-10 the beer comes out super fast and incredibly foamy
- Beer after foam, still tastes a bit flat. Not sure if this is because we let it sit so long or if by pouring in a pitcher and then pouring into the glass (to manage foam) is making it taste like that.
At this point, I am leaning to the regulator i bought is bad. I replaced that for other reasons earlier on. When the faucets didnt change the outcome, I changed the coupler.