Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Keezer Build  (Read 1784 times)

Offline John Mac

• 1st Kit
Keezer Build
« on: May 09, 2019, 06:33:07 pm »
Here are a few images of my latest beer build. I had the mahogany laying around and thought that I'd play around with the joinery. Like a rookie, I didn't think before I drilled a hole for the temp probe in the case of the freezer, it was a bit of an eyesore and it's good thing I didn't hit anything important. Nothing a sticker and little sealant can't fix. I attached the collar to the freezer with RTV but have since found that I need to reattach it with construction adhesive. I was thinking that I wanted to keep the option of returning the unit to service as a chest freezer, but I'll go ahead and make it a more permanent install. The drip tray is held on with magnetic tape. I need to make a cleat to rest it on since there's not enough steel for the magnets to have much of a grip on. I'm looking to keep the tray removable and NOT drill into the side of the freezer again.

IMG_1401 2 by John, on Flickr

IMG_1402 2 by John, on Flickr

IMG_1403 2 by John, on Flickr

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Keezer Build
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 06:51:36 pm »
That's gorgeous!  Clearly not a "rookie" at some things, most of us don't  have mahogany "lying around," or that kind of joinery skill.  Great stroke of luck missing all the vitals drilling that hole!
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.