Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sous-Vide Circulator Recommendations  (Read 15706 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: Sous-Vide Circulator Recommendations
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2020, 07:09:00 am »
Noticed the Anova 1000w is on sale at Costco through 10/16/20 for $160 and comes as a kit with the Anova container. The 1000w unit is $140 at Amazon currently.

It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2020, 10:23:50 pm »
Has anyone here used their brewing system for Sous-Vide cooking? I'm wondering if I can get a dual use from my new Foundry.

As long as it recirculates I wouldn't see why it would be a problem as long as the system doesn't have an automatic shutoff after running for so long. I'd also wonder what food you could fit in it. With sous vide it is important not to have all the food clumped together so you couldn't pile in a bunch of steaks on top of each other.

My concern would be how much will using one of those systems for sous vide, especially for 24+ hour cooks, shorten the lifespan of the brewing system? Can the system cool itself over time to avoid overheating electronics and if the heating element dies will it be easy to replace it?
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2021, 06:26:48 pm »
Doubtful anyone will see and snag this deal, but as of 8:25 PM EST on 2/23/2021 the deal is still good for 5 hours. $46 for an 800W Sous Vide Circulator
https://home.woot.com/offers/my-sous-vide-my-101-immersion-cooker-8

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2022, 04:06:23 pm »
Ran the Sous Vide on a deboned leg of lamb. 7 hours at 132F and then seared. I had spiced it the day before with 1 tbs Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic Powder, and 1 1/2 TBS seasoned salt and vacuum sealed. I resalted and seared and it turned out divine.

My wife had bought me a really cool silicone pot lid which was made to work with my Anova. It performed perfectly and worked better than I expected. Out of stock currently.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CFPJM6N/