Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Question on Brew Guru app  (Read 918 times)

Offline Hermann Pais

• 1st Kit
Question on Brew Guru app
« on: May 21, 2019, 08:46:21 pm »
Hi folks, new member here.  Joined this morning,

I just downloaded the Brew Guru app on my iPad. Logged in and can see my card etc.

But I can’t see any recipes. When I click on the recipe icon, the hop, it brings pictures and a paragraph long description but no recipes.

Is this the expected behavior or ami doing something wrong?

Thanks for answering my stupid question. 

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Question on Brew Guru app
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 07:35:17 am »
Click on the hops cone at the bottom of the page.  The recipes page will come up, lets use Amber Hybrid as an example.  Click on the Amber Hybrid.  It will bring up a page for this style with examples of the style under the description.  Click on one of the examples, let's use California Common.  Click on California Common.  There will be a list of various recipes for this sub-style.  Clicking on any of them will give you the recipe.

Hope this helps!
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 07:44:43 pm »
I just downloaded the Brew Guru app on my iPad. Logged in and can see my card etc.

But I can’t see any recipes. When I click on the recipe icon, the hop, it brings pictures and a paragraph long description but no recipes.

This is an issue that arose with the latest iOS release.  It prevents scrolling within the recipes section of the app. 

The good news is that we were already working on a new release on a completely new platform when this issue came up, which will not only solve the scrolling issue, but will greatly improve the overall performance of Brew Guru. 

The first version of that new release should be available in mid-June.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline Hermann Pais

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 08:15:02 pm »
Thanks Gary,

That’s seems to be the problem. I can’t scroll sown as you mention. My company’s IT Security demands we have the latest iOS version, hence the issue I see.

Thanks for the pointer..

Offline Hermann Pais

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 08:16:42 pm »
Click on the hops cone at the bottom of the page.  The recipes page will come up, lets use Amber Hybrid as an example.  Click on the Amber Hybrid.  It will bring up a page for this style with examples of the style under the description.  Click on one of the examples, let's use California Common.  Click on California Common.  There will be a list of various recipes for this sub-style.  Clicking on any of them will give you the recipe.

Hope this helps!

Hi Goose,

The issue is the scrolling part... thanks

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 08:05:44 am »
I should have also pointed out that all of the recipes on Brew Guru can also be found on our website: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-recipes/.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado