Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experimental Brewing Podcast 93 - Belgium Survives Denny  (Read 944 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Experimental Brewing Podcast 93 - Belgium Survives Denny
« on: May 22, 2019, 11:15:41 am »
https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/episode-93-belgium-survives-denny

Denny and Paula have just returned from Belgium. What did he learn? What did he taste? (What did she drink that wasn't IPA?) How did the authorities let him back in? Tune in and find out that and all the beer news and brewing misadventures we've been getting up to in this week's episode!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
Re: Experimental Brewing Podcast 93 - Belgium Survives Denny
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 05:41:30 am »
Belgium is still recovering.

(Great meeting you and Paula, Denny!)

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 08:05:33 am »

You, too, and thanks so much for all your help making it a trip to remember!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 09:15:56 am »

Hopefully Belgium is back on its feet soon.  I'm going to be there in a couple of weeks.  ;D

I need to find time to listen this pod cast (I admit that is the first time I have every made that statement).

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 09:17:14 am »

Hopefully Belgium is back on its feet soon.  I'm going to be there in a couple of weeks.  ;D

I need to find time to listen this pod cast (I admit that is the first time I have every made that statement).

Paul

After you listen, lemme know if you need any more info.  I'd be happy to pass on Theoman's tips.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 02:27:30 am »

Paul

Feel free to PM me. I'm happy to copy/paste what I've sent to Denny or give some more customized recommendations, depending on where you're going. Maybe we can even meet up for a beer.

Cheers!
Darin

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 06:24:07 am »
Theoman,

I haven't gotten to the podcast yet due to my youngest graduating from high school (would be secondary school in Europe 8^) ). 

Thank you so much for the offer and we would love to be able to have a beer with you but my wife just got an email from an old friend who lives in Brussels.  She was an exchange student that lived with my wife's family when we were in high school 36 years ago.  We will be in Bruges and are trying to setup a meetup with her on June 9th, our only full day in Belgium.  We are on a group tour, so the schedule is tight to begin with.

It is a very good day when you receive so much hospitality and friendship from halfway around the world.  I'm sure we will be back again someday, not on a group tour, hopefully we can meet then.

Thanks you for the offer, it made my day.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 08:04:30 am »
Theoman,

I haven't gotten to the podcast yet due to my youngest graduating from high school (would be secondary school in Europe 8^) ). 

Thank you so much for the offer and we would love to be able to have a beer with you but my wife just got an email from an old friend who lives in Brussels.  She was an exchange student that lived with my wife's family when we were in high school 36 years ago.  We will be in Bruges and are trying to setup a meetup with her on June 9th, our only full day in Belgium.  We are on a group tour, so the schedule is tight to begin with.

It is a very good day when you receive so much hospitality and friendship from halfway around the world.  I'm sure we will be back again someday, not on a group tour, hopefully we can meet then.

Thanks you for the offer, it made my day.

Paul

No problem. Have a great trip!