Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Ask the GC forum  (Read 1317 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Ask the GC forum
« on: June 06, 2019, 03:10:54 pm »
It's kinda hidden but I wanted to point put that we now have a way for you to ask questions directly of the GC.  Look in the Other Than Brewing section.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 07:53:40 am by denny »
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
Re: Ask the GC forum
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 03:14:42 pm »
When I clicked on your link, I got this error.

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 03:55:29 pm »
^^^^

I got "you don't have enough permission to access this feature."   But it seems to just be the link that's failing.  I can view the boards.

EDIT ok that was on Tapatalk.   Tried on the browser, told I had to log in, did, got the message EnkAMania got.  But can still view the boards either way.  Just the link is bad.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 04:08:16 pm by Robert »
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 04:17:48 pm »

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

weird....it works for me, but maybe because I have access.  At any rate, it's below in the Admin section.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 04:27:02 pm »

An Error Has Occurred!

weird....it works for me, but maybe because I have access.  At any rate, it's below in the Admin section.
Actually, Denny, it's in "Other than Brewing" rather than "Admin."  But it's there, and accessible except through that link.  But since it's just you and Jeff going "testing, 1, 2, 3..." it's a little dull so far!  At any rate, great idea for a feature here.  Gonna make communicating so much easier both directions.   Whoever's idea it was, good on ya.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline BrewBama

Ask the GC forum
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 04:42:45 pm »
This is what I get when I click the link in the OP (a blank screen). I use an iPad with software version 12.3.1. and access the AHA forum via Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Robert

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 04:50:45 pm »
This is what I get when I click the link in the OP (a blank screen). I use an iPad with software version 12.3.1. and access the AHA forum via Tapatalk.

But can you access the boards directly, BrewBama?   As long as we can do that the link in Denny's announcement isn't really important.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 05:03:14 pm »
When I access directly this is what I get:

Offline Robert

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 05:18:32 pm »
When I go, in Tapatalk or the browser, through the Other than Brewing index, I can view the boards, which at this point only contain Denny's test messages, and either platform would allow me to post or reply if I cared to.  Curiouser and curiouser.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline case thrower

• Assistant Brewer
  • NE Ohio
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 06:45:19 pm »
Just curious, but who will be answering for each committee?  I really don't foresee a situation where I would need to address the GC but I think it's great that the option is available.  It would be nice, though, to know who will be responding.
Dave C.

Woke up this mornin' and I got myself a beer.
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 07:54:23 am »

An Error Has Occurred!

Actually, Denny, it's in "Other than Brewing" rather than "Admin."  But it's there, and accessible except through that link.  But since it's just you and Jeff going "testing, 1, 2, 3..." it's a little dull so far!  At any rate, great idea for a feature here.  Gonna make communicating so much easier both directions.   Whoever's idea it was, good on ya.

There's another one for internal use in the Admin section.  I got them confused.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 08:11:15 am »
Hey everyone-

These new "Ask the AHA Governing Committee" boards have been set up with the same exact permissions as all other current boards (like this one!), so this error you guys are hitting is very strange! I just reset the boards and re-saved all the permissions.

Please let me know if you're able to get in!

Here is a direct link to the section: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?board=201.0

Cheers,
Duncan

update: I did test this with non-admin and non-logged in accounts and everything seems to be working fine.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:16:01 am by duncan »
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association