Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mounting ssBrewtech econtroller  (Read 1029 times)

Offline trapae

• Brewer
Mounting ssBrewtech econtroller
« on: May 26, 2019, 09:53:15 pm »

Has anyone mounted this a controller on the wall? On the back there are 3 T-rail slots but I haven’t been able to find any T-rails or T-slot nuts that fit.  I contacted SS, and they said they haven’t made those mounting parts yet. 
Thanks
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Re: Mounting ssBrewtech econtroller
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 06:22:30 am »
Can you post a picture of the rail(s).
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline trapae

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 09:29:03 am »
 For some reason I’ve never been able to post a picture on this forum. But this is the link to their website and it shows it pretty clearly. Especially if you go to the 360° view. Any help would be great.
Thanks

https://www.ssbrewtech.com/pages/electric-brewing
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 11:33:15 am »
I looked at a controller and it appears a normal T-head bolt would work. So, you measure the vertical centers of the rails and decide what horizontal spacing you want and drill those holes in a piece of stainless, wood, plastic, whatever you choose.  Then slide your bolts into the slot and put the bolts into the pre-drilled holes.  Add a washer, lock washer and a nut and you’re good to go.

This is what you need.  However, confirm the size.

https://www.amazon.com/POWERTEC-QTB1005-4-Inch-20-2-Inch-20-Pack/dp/B0765R88Z7/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3QPAJIVVPOYA5&keywords=t+bolts+1%2F4+20&qid=1558978221&s=gateway&sprefix=T+bolts%2Caps%2C2067&sr=8-3

Hope this helps!

Edit - these bolts can be found at your local Home Depot or Menards or Lowe’s.  The link is just to show what they look like.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 11:35:06 am by KellerBrauer »
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 11:33:24 am »
You can use EZ Ancors in a stud, then use a screw at the proper depth to engage the T rail

https://www.homedepot.com/p/E-Z-Ancor-Stud-Solver-7-x-1-1-4-in-Phillips-Zinc-Plated-Flat-Head-Drywall-Anchors-50-Pack-25316/100391938

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline trapae

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 02:05:07 pm »
Great, thanks!

Offline trapae

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 07:50:59 am »
FYI for anyone who has the controller, ssbrewtech  just came out with the hanging mount equipment on their website. Bought it and it works perfectly.