Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: The Demise of TechTalk  (Read 19615 times)

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
Re: The Demise of TechTalk
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2010, 06:23:01 pm »
My name is Nate and I'm a homebrewer.
(Hello, Nate)

I try to avoid emoticons because I like people to think I'm serious when I say dumb crap.

My last name is of little consequence, because I am not now nor ever hope to be anyone of import in the homebrewing community. It's not that hard to find, though, if you really want to stalk me. Be warned that if you do, you'd better have beer, Jeep parts, or a nice pair of X chromosomes.

I manage my branding online. On all forums I am MrNate, because it's been universally available thus far. Where I can, I use my logo as my avatar. If I go to beer events, I wear my logo T-shirt.

And howdy to all the new TT folks!
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2010, 08:48:20 pm »
My name is Nate and I'm a homebrewer. :)
(Hello, Nate) ;D

I try to avoid emoticons because I like people to think I'm serious when I say dumb crap. :D

My last name is of little consequence, >:( because I am not now nor ever hope to be anyone of import in the homebrewing community ::). It's not that hard to find, though, if you really want to stalk me :'(. Be warned that if you do, you'd better have beer, Jeep parts, or a nice pair of X chromosomes.  :-*

I manage my branding online. 8) On all forums I am MrNate, because it's been universally available thus far. :D Where I can, I use my logo as my avatar.  ;) If I go to beer events, I wear my logo T-shirt. 8)

And howdy to all the new TT folks! :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:50:11 pm by majorvices »

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2010, 11:05:56 pm »
I see the lager is flowing tonight.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2010, 04:18:47 am »

His name is Keith and he's a homebrewer.  ;)
Ron Price

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2010, 06:00:48 am »

Good guess! Doppelbock as a matter of fact. I about out of everything else.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2010, 03:41:08 pm »
Well good on ya, then. I actually have a half decent lager on tap right now.

Come up to Jersey and grab a pint. No, on second thought, don't. It is a silly place.

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2010, 04:53:09 pm »
hahhahaaa....TechTalk is going away! This is the first I've heard of it.

I have always hated TechTalk....I've subscribed since 2004, and read maybe 5% of the issues. Most go into an e-mail folder where they never get read.

Those I have read, have been of very little value. Sometimes very poor information.

I used to read the HBD daily until TechTalk seemed to siphon away all of the HBD readers, except for 5-10 old hardocres.  Those whining about losing TechTalk, should migrate over there.