Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bulk Hops, now that NikoBrew is closed  (Read 9202 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Bulk Hops, now that NikoBrew is closed
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2019, 01:36:57 pm »
Another choice.....Yakima Chief, which has always done only wholesale in the past, is now doing retail to homebrewers.  You can even get the new American Noble hop pellets.

https://shop.yakimachief.com

I received a note about this in my email today (below). Unfortunately, they seem to only sell pellets in the 1 and 2 oz homebrew qty.

Yakima Chief Hops is pleased to announce the launch of our new online store and resource center. After a year of development, using feedback directly from brewers, we are thrilled to present you with a new, innovative way to connect with family hop farms.

Brewers of all shapes and sizes can now buy hops online, directly from us, in 1 oz and 2 oz pack sizes. Larger packaging is available when you create a business account. 

Additional features include:

filtering your selections specifically for homebrewers (1oz and 2oz packaging)

accessing extensive hop and brewing resources, including comprehensive data and analysis for all major hop varieties as well as hop product conversion tools for recipe formation.

shopping for HopGear, including apparel and merchandise.

submitting orders for special community blends & products.

The Yakima Chief Hops online store is completely mobile friendly, allowing you to access the store and hop resources all from your phone or tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll see if they've considered other sizes.  Would a lb. bag work for you?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2019, 01:47:00 pm »
Another choice.....Yakima Chief, which has always done only wholesale in the past, is now doing retail to homebrewers.  You can even get the new American Noble hop pellets.

https://shop.yakimachief.com

I received a note about this in my email today (below). Unfortunately, they seem to only sell pellets in the 1 and 2 oz homebrew qty.

Yakima Chief Hops is pleased to announce the launch of our new online store and resource center. After a year of development, using feedback directly from brewers, we are thrilled to present you with a new, innovative way to connect with family hop farms.

Brewers of all shapes and sizes can now buy hops online, directly from us, in 1 oz and 2 oz pack sizes. Larger packaging is available when you create a business account. 

Additional features include:

filtering your selections specifically for homebrewers (1oz and 2oz packaging)

accessing extensive hop and brewing resources, including comprehensive data and analysis for all major hop varieties as well as hop product conversion tools for recipe formation.

shopping for HopGear, including apparel and merchandise.

submitting orders for special community blends & products.

The Yakima Chief Hops online store is completely mobile friendly, allowing you to access the store and hop resources all from your phone or tablet.

I'll see if they've considered other sizes.  Would a lb. bag work for you?
8 oz bundles might be nice too for some of the more expensive hops...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2019, 02:23:46 pm »
No worries. I am happy buying from Ted and Dave and should be good until harvest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Robert

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2019, 11:32:38 am »
My order did indeed go through this morning.  Thanks, Ted.
Just got 'em!  Great product and great service again.   One variety (Magnum) even lists HSI, first time I've seen that on a label.  Very cool.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline Robert

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2019, 07:42:57 pm »
My order did indeed go through this morning.  Thanks, Ted.
Just got 'em!  Great product and great service again.   One variety (Magnum) even lists HSI, first time I've seen that on a label.  Very cool.
Just got more.  My last two orders from Ted arrived at my door before I got the confirmation they had shipped.  Apparently he has developed a faster than light delivery system. 
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2019, 03:55:02 pm »
This is a photo of the Citra I got from Fresh Hops.  Hmmmm...

Offline Robert

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2019, 04:05:27 pm »
This is a photo of the Citra I got from Fresh Hops.  Hmmmm...

I've had hit or miss luck with them in the past.  I like the ability to order small amounts, and the service, and the quality can be extremely good, and I'm sure I'll order again sometime.  But if I have room, I'll go with Hop Heaven or Hops Direct and be guaranteed top quality.  That's one reason I've adapted to using just a few core varieties.   All I can say about that picture is, it does look a lot greener than the hops we used to get circa 1990...
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2019, 09:06:34 am »
Yet another reason I switched to pellets.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Robert

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2019, 09:12:29 am »
Yet another reason I switched to pellets.
But Ted's are always so nice and green and fresh and sticky... for those of us who otherwise prefer whole cone.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2019, 09:16:53 am »
Yeah, there's no denying Ted has great hops.  Still have some in my freezer.  But I've really come to prefer pellets, especially cryo pellets.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2019, 10:05:01 am »
I like using whole cone but there are some varieties that I cannot find so for those I’ll use pellets. For example: I have a Four Wives recipe I want to try that calls for Dr Rudi, Motueka, and Saaz.  I have Saaz whole cone so I’ll use them alongside the other varieties in pellet form.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk