Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bouncer Pro inline filter  (Read 1271 times)

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
Bouncer Pro inline filter
« on: August 21, 2019, 04:51:36 pm »
I've been looking at purchasing the Bouncer Pro filter https://www.amazon.com/Bouncer-Pro-Inline-Professional-Brewers/dp/B07S5J281F/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2YEDGHKA7SFGI&keywords=bouncer+pro+beer&qid=1566427529&s=gateway&sprefix=bouncer+pro%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-1

Does anyone use this? Any opinions as to its effectiveness? They claim that cleanup is simple. Maybe, but thought that the finest mesh would hold some debris making clean up a pain. Idk. At $119 I'm not sure it is worth the money.

Thoughts??

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 03:50:39 pm by HopDen »

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Re: Bouncer Pro inline filter
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 05:55:34 am »
Your link does not work.  You need to put a space between the word filter and https.
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 07:34:39 am »
I use something similar for my transfers from the secondary to my keg.  I made it myself from parts I got from Grainger and my local big box store although mine does not have tri-clover fittings on it, a nice touch but not necessary for a homebrewer unless you have your fermenter racking arm fitted with tri-clover fittings.  It cost me less than $50 to make mine.  Grainger part numbers are 3ELW8 for the 1/2" pipe size inline screen and 3ELW9 for the 3/4" one. Incidentally, we also used a pair of these ganged together at the brewery I worked at to screen out hops and trub when transferring dry hopped beers from the fermenter to the brite tanks

The inline screen works well although if there are a lot (a.k.a. a shload) of dry hops in the secondary, the filter could tend to plug from time to time (it doesn't happen too often but it does happen since my hose diameters are only 3/8" here).  When this occurs, I simply do a very short back flush of the screen with the already kegged beer by adding a small amount of CO2 to the gas in keg plug and things return to normal.  With the larger diameter inlet and outlet ports on the screen you posted, you should be OK.  The screen really pulls out the hop particles and large yeast particles.  My Amarillo IPA that I kegged about a week ago was only slightly cloudy for the first glass when I tapped it and then ran clear.  I wanted it to age a bit longer but my wife begged (read strongly coerced) me to tap it in time for our cookout with our neighbors last night.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline MerlinWerks

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 09:40:01 am »
Something like this is basically the same filter and a lot cheaper. You could add Tri-clover fittings if you need them.
I've been meaning to try this but haven't gotten around to it.

https://www.vacmotion.com/Details.aspx?Cat=InlineFilters&Id=2688

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 03:51:06 pm »
I've been looking at purchasing the Bouncer Pro filter https://www.amazon.com/Bouncer-Pro-Inline-Professional-Brewers/dp/B07S5J281F/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2YEDGHKA7SFGI&keywords=bouncer+pro+beer&qid=1566427529&s=gateway&sprefix=bouncer+pro%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-1

Does anyone use this? Any opinions as to its effectiveness? They claim that cleanup is simple. Maybe, but thought that the finest mesh would hold some debris making clean up a pain. Idk. At $119 I'm not sure it is worth the money.

Thoughts??

That should do it