Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Northern Brewer Sold  (Read 2901 times)

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: Northern Brewer Sold
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 09:48:20 am »
Honestly surprised they had not closed some locations following the merger with Midwest and all the competition online.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Northern Brewer Sold/ sale
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 06:04:13 pm »
9/21/19 NB mpls store to close. 30% off "all" in store purchaces. Everything on the tab. Grain also.
I was thinking of placing an order with N B, mostly because they have Maris otter extract, but I think I'll hold off until I see how the former mpls store employees are treated.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline waltsmalt

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 01:40:53 pm »
FWIW, they have always been my LHBS.  I wasn’t crazy about the AB InBev acquisition, but I’ve always liked the people in the stores.  The last time I was in the store, I was going to brew a Czech Pilsner.  They didn’t have a single package of Czech yeast on hand which was frustrating, but I guess I now know why.

I don’t know why (since they were the same company), but I never really cared for Midwest.  Always felt a bit sketchy with the hydroponics section.  Plus, it just seemed a little more unorganized than the Minneapolis NB store. 

I think it will move again.  The VC company that bought it will either ultimately close it down, or sell again (that’s what I’ve read is their history).  I’m not worried as if there is enough demand for a local store, one will open again. 

If I’m honest, the location of my LHBS is not my biggest problem.  It’s the guy behind this keyboard. 

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 07:57:50 am »
Wow, business is a crazy thing. Haven’t bought from them in years. I bought a lot from them and Midwest in the beginning. The competition now is crazy strong. I’m glad to finally have a good LHBS that is only 30 minutes away. I’ll gladly pay a little more to help keep them going. So many changes in Homebrew supply over the last 5 years. Guess I’m crazy for being more into brick and mortar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeff B

Offline 4dogbrewer

• Cellarman
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 04:53:03 am »
Sure wish my town had a HB shop. 80,000 people live here, but no shop.