Author Topic: Northern Brewer Sold  (Read 602 times)

Offline Big Monk

• Brewmaster
  • I’m Derek Scott. I’m a Category 26 kind of guy.
    • Low Oxygen Brewing
Re: Northern Brewer Sold
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 05:47:51 PM »
https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/affiliate-of-blackstreet-capital-holdings-llc-acquires-northern-brewer-llc-2019-07-11

I'd be curious to know how many people who "swore them off permanently" due to ABInbev's purchase will start ordering from them again.

Pretty funny if you ask me.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle
"Messieurs, c’est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot." Louis Pasteur
Check out The Brewing Troubleshooters at https://brewingtroubleshooter.yolasite.com/

Offline tommymorris

• Brewmaster General
  • Tommy M.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 05:58:34 PM »
https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/affiliate-of-blackstreet-capital-holdings-llc-acquires-northern-brewer-llc-2019-07-11

I'd be curious to know how many people who "swore them off permanently" due to ABInbev's purchase will start ordering from them again.

Pretty funny if you ask me.
I have sworn off of them due to their prices. But, they do have good sales from time to time.

Offline goose

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 05:59:46 PM »
I still bought stuff on occasion since their customer service was pretty good.  I bought more stuff from More Beer since they have a distribution facility in Pittsburgh and I could usually get one day service.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified
AHA Governing Committee Member

Offline Hella Hazy

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 06:11:07 PM »
Never really bought stuff from Northern Brewer. They have always been inferior to MoreBeer in virtually every way.

MoreBeer has always had the best prices, best shipping times and policy (free shipping for orders over $59), best customer service and (almost) the best selection. What's not to love?

Online Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 06:32:23 PM »
I've usually found price and service superior at other sites, but have still occasionally bought the odd item I can't get elsewhere from them. 

I did feel a big weather front come through yesterday.  At least I thought that's what it was.   Guess it was a collective drop in blood pressure among the mass of conflicted homebrewers. 

Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline Visor

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 06:52:16 PM »
The only thing I ever bought from them was caramel rye, which MB & Williams don't carry. NB, Midwest and HBS in Texas just can't compete pricewise, especially with shipping costs.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 03:16:46 AM »
It will be sold again in3-7 years. This is how VC works.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewer
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 11:32:51 AM »
I stopped using Northern Brewer when I learned from personal experience that they cherry picked the customer reviews on products they sold.  If the review was not favorable to a big name (like Blichmann, for example) they didn’t post it.
All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. :-)

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life.
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 01:16:04 PM »
Haven’t ordered anything from them in years - back when Keeler, Dawson and Walton were doing the Brewing TV segments I supported them, then just didn’t see the reason when compared to More Beer and Williams Brewing, Brew Hardware, etc...plus their forum just faded away.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
    • Yellowhammer Brewing Company
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 01:37:05 PM »
Never really bought stuff from Northern Brewer. They have always been inferior to MoreBeer in virtually every way.

MoreBeer has always had the best prices, best shipping times and policy (free shipping for orders over $59), best customer service and (almost) the best selection. What's not to love?

I like MoreBeer and order from them as well but the "Out of Stock" on every other item a couple years ago really got on my nerves and NB generally had the items on their site "in stock". So often NB got my sale.