Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Wyeast Brett anomalus (5110). Banked?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline madfermentationist

• 1st Kit
Wyeast Brett anomalus (5110). Banked?
« on: July 15, 2019, 04:35:04 pm »
Hello, hoping the yeast bankers can help me out with this one. in 2007 I used the Wyeast Brett anomalus (5110) right before it went out of production in a beer inspired by Courage Russian Imperial. Planning to brew it again on the 10 bl system in some old cognac barrels, but can't track it down. Wyeast no longer banks it, and I've reached out to a couple smaller labs without luck. Happy to trade for beer, microbes, or currency!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Wyeast Brett anomalus (5110). Banked?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 04:37:32 pm »
I assume you've tried BSI?   Obvious, I know, but....
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 06:50:59 pm »
I assume you've tried BSI?   Obvious, I know, but....

Just reached out, no luck from the first few labs I've tried.

Offline dustpan

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 02:08:10 pm »
Brettanomyces anomalus (WLP640) is included in White Labs vault program. I'm not sure if it's the same as 5110, but it may be worth checking out. I ordered 3 vials of WLP640, and just got shipping confirmation.

I've been following your Courage RIS clone and I am going to make my own version of your first attempt.

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 07:39:33 pm »
Brettanomyces anomalus (WLP640) is included in White Labs vault program. I'm not sure if it's the same as 5110, but it may be worth checking out. I ordered 3 vials of WLP640, and just got shipping confirmation.

I've been following your Courage RIS clone and I am going to make my own version of your first attempt.

Thanks! Likely not the same isolate as 5110 was pulled for not actually being a B. anomalus. The WL descirption doesn't give me much hops: "Typical barnyard funk character with some fruitiness." Really looking for more of a leathery thing.