Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewery runs out of Beer!  (Read 2720 times)

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: Brewery runs out of Beer!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 04:24:21 pm »
Got the link from my sister. Just saw on FB my BIL and brother went there on the 6th. 3 of nine regulars on tap. After  couple Porters the board dropped to 2 on draft.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 04:25:10 pm »
Yooper is the term for a resident of the UP (Upper Peninsula,) as in "U.P.-er."

I once met a Yooper who referred to people from the other part of Michigan as "trolls" because they lived below the bridge!

The ones who live below da bridge are indeed trolls eh.

I was a yooper for 4 years up der in Houghton.  Bachelors of Chemical Engineering from MTU, Class of 1997.

Say yah to da U.P., eh?!
Holy Wah! I’ve only been to Houghton once. I vaguely remember a story that my Grandpa used to tell about fishing in Ontonagon.

So den you know where to hang your hat der in da U.P. den, eh?

Ontonagon (i.e., "on the noggin")
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 08:42:52 pm »
My mother grew up in the UP about a mile from Whitefish Point. My grandfather had a fishery for many years which has now transformed into the best fresh fish/smoked fish restaurant in Michigan. A little plug for my cousin at Brown Fisheries. We have a place about 3 miles from the point on the bayside off the road named after my grandfather. I’ll be UP there in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! I have heard of Brown's. Paradise, turn off to Taquanamon Falls. A guy I used to work with said it was fantastic Whitefish.
You have to have it and don’t forget to grab some smoked fish on the way out. I say it’s the best fried whitefish anywhere, and even though I’m biased they get a top rating from all the travel and food sites.

Stopped at Brown's 1:20 PM, out of fish!

A much earlier start next time, or drive to St. Iggy the night before.

Had a nice chunk of Whitefish in Grand Marais tonight.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline MNWayne

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2019, 07:22:12 am »
Grand Marais? That's on my side of the big lake. If you're traveling Hwy 61 you've got to try Russ Kendall's smoked lake trout, on scenic 61.
Far better to dare mighty things....

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2019, 07:32:55 am »
My mother grew up in the UP about a mile from Whitefish Point. My grandfather had a fishery for many years which has now transformed into the best fresh fish/smoked fish restaurant in Michigan. A little plug for my cousin at Brown Fisheries. We have a place about 3 miles from the point on the bayside off the road named after my grandfather. I’ll be UP there in a few weeks.

Cool! I have heard of Brown's. Paradise, turn off to Taquanamon Falls. A guy I used to work with said it was fantastic Whitefish.
You have to have it and don’t forget to grab some smoked fish on the way out. I say it’s the best fried whitefish anywhere, and even though I’m biased they get a top rating from all the travel and food sites.

Sorry about your luck. Unfortunately, they are limited at times by the size of the catch. I hope my buddy Justen who is also up there now (he asked me where Brown's was located)didn't have your same fate. I hope you still get a chance to try it.

Dan Chisholm

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2019, 08:11:52 am »

Sorry about your luck. Unfortunately, they are limited at times by the size of the catch. I hope my buddy Justen who is also up there now (he asked me where Brown's was located)didn't have your same fate. I hope you still get a chance to try it.

A goof strategy would be to go to the Soo, watch the freighters in the locks, spend the night, get in line at Brown's before noon.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2019, 08:17:56 am »

A goof strategy would be to go to the Soo, watch the freighters in the locks, spend the night, get in line at Brown's before noon.
Do it! I always go at noon so I’ll know they’ll have fish and the fish were swimming in Lake Superior a few hours prior. Interesting fact that my grandpa told me is that Lake Superior whitefish is a different species than Lake Huron whitefish. He said that the colder waters of Lake Superior made the fish better.

Dan Chisholm