Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Free hops and grain - Los Angeles  (Read 1356 times)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Free hops and grain - Los Angeles
« on: August 09, 2019, 01:46:32 pm »
EDIT: These are all gone now, thanks.

I have a bunch of hops I'm looking to give away: Cascade, Denali, Sterling, Citra, Tett, EKG, Crystal, SG, and a tiny bit of Amarillo.  The Cascade, Crystal and Tett are very new, some of the others are older but all have been stored in vacuum sealed bags in my freezer.

I also have a little over 40 lbs. of Weyermann Barke Pilsner malt.  It's fresh out of a new 55 lb. bag.

Finally, I have some malt odds and ends (various crystals, acid malt, wheat malt, a few lbs. of base malt, etc.).  Most or maybe all of it is either German or British. 

Oh, I will also include a bottle of Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA.

Local pickup in LA only.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 12:23:52 pm by narcout »
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
Re: Free hops and grain - Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 04:52:31 pm »
Getting out of homebrewing?
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 06:50:31 am »
I too wonder about your situation. Hope all is well.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 12:03:12 pm »
I'm taking a hiatus from alcohol, and homebrewing isn't really compatible with that.

It's tough because I'm as interested in the hobby as I've ever been, and I've spent a lot of time and mental energy over the last 14 years becoming (at least in my opinion) rather proficient at it. 

We're also moving into our new house next month, so it's a good time to clear out some ingredients I'm unlikely to use in the near future.

Hope all is well.

Thanks.  Things are actually going great.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 02:02:14 pm »
I'm taking a hiatus from alcohol, and homebrewing isn't really compatible with that.

It's tough because I'm as interested in the hobby as I've ever been, and I've spent a lot of time and mental energy over the last 14 years becoming (at least in my opinion) rather proficient at it. 

We're also moving into our new house next month, so it's a good time to clear out some ingredients I'm unlikely to use in the near future.

Hope all is well.

Thanks for the update. Good luck with the move, that will keep you busy for a while.

I'm cutting back, trying to lose some kilos that I have picked up.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 02:03:55 pm »

Hope all is well.

Thanks for the update. Good luck with the move, that will keep you busy for a while.

I'm cutting back, trying to lose some kilos that I have picked up.

No kidding!  I'm doing fairly well with weekends only.  And my friends love it becasue I keep brewing and have to give the beer away.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell