Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Another keezer  (Read 3081 times)

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
Another keezer
« on: July 24, 2019, 12:24:06 pm »
There have been some really nice keezers posted in the last couple months.  I figured I would post some shots of mine.  I've had it for a couple years.  Although fairly recently I added a secondary regulator and a third tap.  The freezer isn't very big so it's pretty much maxed out at this point.  But I do love having the third faucet.

Currently pouring peach mead, imperial stout, and the little bit that's left of my Burton ale.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Re: Another keezer
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 05:39:09 am »
Beautiful!  I assume you built it?  Very nice work indeed!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 06:27:50 am »
Very nice!
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 03:28:00 pm »
Thanks!

@KellerBrauer - Yep.  I got the freezer from a friend for about $40.  It needed a bit of cleanup and a paint job, but came out pretty good.  It was funny the first time he saw it.  He didn't believe it was the same freezer.

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 04:04:57 pm »
Heck yeah. $40 beauty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 04:13:47 pm »
Finishing the wood on the inside is really above and beyond!  She's a beaut!
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline imabrewer

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 02:35:03 pm »
This is a sweet setup. Thanks for posting. I only have a one faucet freezer right now, but it works. I really like the wood finish. I think I will take mine apart and do this after I drain the current keg.
"They're drinkin' home brew out of a wooden cup. The folks were dancin' and got all shook up." - Chuck Berry

Offline 65BAJA

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 09:05:23 pm »
What size freezer is it? Can you fit 4 cornys?

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 11:51:26 am »
Thanks everyone!

This is a sweet setup. Thanks for posting. I only have a one faucet freezer right now, but it works. I really like the wood finish. I think I will take mine apart and do this after I drain the current keg.
It's a little work, but I love the wooden collar.  You also then have the option to easily punch holes in it wherever you need.

What size freezer is it? Can you fit 4 cornys?
If you're asking about cubic feet, I'm not sure.  I'm happy to take some measurements of the inside if you would like to know.  Unfortunately I can't get another keg in it.  If you look at the right hand side under the regulator, it has the little shelf in the back.  And a keg is too tall to fit there.  And the area in front of that shelf is too narrow.  So that's where I put the CO2 tank.

If I had a really short or narrow keg, I might get it in, but I think this keezer will just stay as it is.  I have a little mini fridge that I got from a neighbor who moved away, and I think I want to use that to build a nitro tap system.  Not sure yet, possibly a project for next year.