Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Too much!  (Read 3595 times)

Offline bluefoxicy

• Brewer
Too much!
« on: August 20, 2010, 10:00:51 am »
So I drank a couple beers, and got nothing.

Put in some rum, and God knows how much whiskey...

... an hour later, I'm still mostly fine.

See here's the thing:  I rely on feeling drunk to know when to stop.  It's rather unpleasant.  My head starts to throb, gets all fuzzy, I start having flu-like symptoms, teeth hurt, jaw hurts... and that's usually after like 3 beers in under an hour.  It's not much.  It's not really spectacular either; the pressure starts coming on and I stop when I've just started to feel it.

Well, THAT never happened.  So I went and showered, shaved (straight razor!  No cuts, nice shave), noted my very poor motor skills.

Decided my body wasn't jiving with the alcohol.  I mean it didn't feel good.

Drank some water, then at 11:30 started puking.  o_o

At 12:30 I finished puking.

Along the way I kept rinsing my mouth out (to clear the acid from my teeth and soft tissue i.e. throat) and drinking more water (both to replenish what I lost and to help carry away more alcohol).  Also it burned my throat thanks to the freaking acid in my stomach.

... well that's no good.  The specifics of being drunk seem to have changed, and I can't recognize how drunk I am anymore.  :/  Now how do I know when to stop?

Yeah that was August.  Last time I had a buzz was January.  I rarely drink more than a beer in a day anyway.

I still don't get why people go out every weekend and drink until they puke.  Also they make a mess all over the toilet seat and the floor, what the hell?  I didn't miss, you shouldn't either.  I seem to have misplaced something like a quarter bottle of Tullamore Dew though...

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
Re: Too much!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 10:40:08 am »
Glad I read this right before lunch.  :-X
Just brew it...

Offline sir_eldren

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 11:45:09 am »
Yeah, I know that feeling.  I have to just drink in moderation now.  One beer every few hours, or drink where it's safe (home, hotel, place with ride home).  *sigh*  Oh, to get a good buzz again!

And remember:  Liquor before beer, you're in the clear.  Beer before liquor, never quicker!  ;o)
There once was a man from France, but he tasted a few Oregon brews and now he's from Portland.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 12:18:27 pm »
I brew beer on the weaker side since I like it that way and so as to not get plowed under after a couple after work. If I want to get across the finish line quickly, I go for a martini or two or three...

I like a good buzz but not smashed. Hate hangovers and the last one was a real doozy. :P

I know when I'm drunk when everything starts to make sense.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline bluefoxicy

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 12:40:48 pm »
I know when I'm drunk when everything starts to make sense.

This is why I never go outside.  You have to be f*@ked up for anything to make any sense.

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 12:45:34 pm »
I hate getting older...recovery time is getting longer and slower. :-[

I like a good buzz too, but it seems though as that target is getting smaller and smaller and my
aim is not improving. So I make it a point not to judge my level of intox by how I feel but rather
how much I have had. I know what my limit is and I try not to exceed it.

Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 12:49:36 pm »
Eventually you will come to a point in your life where you fall asleep long before you get drunk. :o
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 02:32:45 pm »
The last time I got that inebriated was July 4, 1985.  Yes, it's still fresh in my mind. Never, Never again!!! Now all I need is a couple three beers on Friday evening on the front porch to get mellow, NEVER MORE!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 06:18:24 pm »
I was an actor in a TV commercial once. The scene was a bunch of modern swingers in bowling shirts and women in 1950 style bathing suits.  I played a bartender at this ritzy pool party.

I was pouring this woman a martini to the point of over flowing a lot.

She says "Too Much"

and then I give a cool two handed point, smile and say:

"Isnt it though"

Later they added a glimmer to my teeth as a smiled.

That was fun.

Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 06:38:17 pm »
I'm one of those people that can't touch anything metal with out it rusting. I must have a lot of acid or something. If I don't wipe a gun down after I handle it in a month it will have my prints rusted on it. I wonder what causes this?
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 06:45:21 pm »
When I hear "too much!" I think, whoah, that's a full rainbow, all the way, but then, I am a student of the memes of the times, sad to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 06:52:36 pm »
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 10:03:28 am »
Eventually you will come to a point in your life where you fall asleep long before you get drunk. :o

Too (sadly) true!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 10:13:35 am »
When I hear "too much!" I think, whoah, that's a full rainbow, all the way, but then, I am a student of the memes of the times, sad to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA

OMG! LMFAO!

How about this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yghFBt-fXmw
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 08:07:08 am »
Did I ever tell you guys that I like turtles?
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.