Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Canning beer from the tap  (Read 1993 times)

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
Canning beer from the tap
« on: July 30, 2019, 06:40:04 am »
I have been seeing posts about canning beer recently. The other day I seen a local news story about a newer pro-brewer and they showed her filling the can from the tap. She filled the can from the tap to the top and then sealed it on the canner machine. Is this the correct way to do this, can it be that easy.
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Canning beer from the tap
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 06:51:39 am »
That was probably a crowler meant to be taken off site and consumed quickly. Think growler but in can form. It is not a long term canning solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
Re: Canning beer from the tap
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 11:25:15 am »
   The places I've been that did crowlers all purged the cans with CO2 just before filling, I know that's not 100% effective but has to be at least a bit better than no purge.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline torbro

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 12:18:29 pm »
It could be more long term if they use one of these counter pressure can fillers for forward sealing taps.

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 12:40:13 pm »
It could be more long term if they use one of these counter pressure can fillers for forward sealing taps.

Pretty nifty device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline torbro

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 11:24:02 am »