Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mounting my CO2 Tank to the wall?  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Chris C

• 1st Kit
Mounting my CO2 Tank to the wall?
« on: July 31, 2019, 09:16:32 am »
I have this kegerator: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0170O0D82/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love it, but the mount for the Co2 tank is on the back side of the fridge, pushing it out from the wall an extra 6" or so.  The area I have the kegerator is pretty small, so every bit of real estate is precious.  Plus having the CO2 tank behind the fridge makes it a bit difficult to adjust the valves in order to force carbonate my corny kegs and then get the levels back to normal after.

What I'm thinking is pushing the fridge back to the wall, and mounting the CO2 tank to the wall using the bracket that is currently on the back of the fridge, and adding this to it for extra holding power: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00208DY76/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

What do you have set up?  What could go wrong with this setup?  I don't see a problem with it, but someone here has done this before I'm sure.....

Offline Todd H.

• Cellarman
Re: Mounting my CO2 Tank to the wall?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 10:06:18 am »
That's the kind of bracket we use to hold CO2 and O2 tanks in our lab; you'll probably have to mount it to a board that straddles two studs to make it truly secure.

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 09:15:44 pm »
Looks like a 5 lb. CO2 tank should fit inside with Cornies, no?  My kegerator is essentially the same as that, tank goes inside, kegerator fits snug up against the wall in my kitchen. 

Sent from my HP Slate 10 HD using Tapatalk

Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 01:08:25 pm »
Look at the manual for that kegerator and see how much space it needs between the back of the fridge and the wall. Usually you need some space back there for airflow on the cooling vents. If you need at least four inches then you aren't gaining much by moving the tank to the wall aside from convenience accessing the tank.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Redbeard325

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 04:19:08 pm »
The strap should work just fine to hold the tank, and I second the comment straddling two studs to ensure you have a solid connection to the wall.

I did something very similar with my 10# tank, though I just used an old fabric belt that I no longer wear. I secured the belt to the wall with screws and larger washers.