Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Imperial Loki A43  (Read 1376 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Imperial Loki A43
« on: October 07, 2019, 07:37:56 pm »
First experience with this bruiser on a Pale Ale I brewed yesterday. My tilt read 1.051 at 78° when I pitched at the end of brew day yesterday. Pitched around 7pm. High airlock activity at midnight had me checking my Tilts earlier than I would have expected. My reading s last night before bed had the brew down to 1.038 already and today after work it is sitting at 1.015. Dont think its a Tilt issue, as I pitched one pouch into each half of the 11 gallon batch and both are reading the same gravity now. Who else has put this yeast through its paces and are you seeing similar results? I searched and do not see much recent discussion on this yeast. I chose it simply for its ability to ferment on the clean side even at higher temps. The tilts are both still reading in the 70s but Loki is tearing through that wort.
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline riceral

• Brewer
Re: Imperial Loki A43
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 07:38:04 am »
I used Loki in a rye saison. It went from 1.062 to 1.013 in 3 days. I think the temperature in my fermentation chamber was 70*-72*.

Quick acting yeast, to say the least.
Ralph R.

Offline Todd H.

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 11:28:20 am »
I've pitched a different company's (Escarpment) Voss kveik into 1.050 wort and fermented at 78F, twice.  Both times it was basically done by 48h.  Yep, that strain is fast.  I should note that the first time I used the entire packet in 2.5 gallons, the second time it was 5mL of slurry into 2.5 gallons.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 02:51:17 pm »
I'm out of town now, and am eager to check out this batch when I get home Sunday. Thanx for the responses, seems this was not out of the ordinary for the strain or similar strains

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 06:05:17 pm »
Just a caution on vessel capacity.  It loves to climb!  And yes it is fast, especially at higher temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline 69franx

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 06:52:53 pm »
Got home last night but did not move until today. Final read on Tilts was 1.010 on each. Hydro measurement on one read 1.013. both buckets fairly clear in top, did not do a FFT so I am calling it done and kegged it tonight. From what I saw, I would use this strain again

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Frank L.

Offline Marjen11

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 04:24:56 pm »
I am using an omega strain OYL-091. Pitched at 4 pm Sunday , OG WAS 1.048. 5 pm Monday it was 1.010. Crazy.