Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Why sign in twice?  (Read 2917 times)

Offline brushvalleybrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Centre Hall, PA
    • Brush Valley Brewer
Why sign in twice?
« on: August 21, 2010, 06:26:29 am »
What is the difference between signing into the main site and signing into the forum?
In a humble log cabin off an unregarded back road, somewhere, deep in the heart of Pennsylvania’s hill country, we find our intrepid hero — the Brush Valley Brewer.

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Why sign in twice?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 06:46:53 am »
i very rarely sign in to the main site, usually only to look at zymurgy if only available online
Don AHA member

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 07:40:40 am »
What is the difference between signing into the main site and signing into the forum?

I don't have a good answer for hat.  I'll see if I can get someone from the AHA web team to address it.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

• Assistant Brewer
  • Centre Hall, PA
    • Brush Valley Brewer
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 09:23:17 am »
Thanks Denny.

Like weithman5, I don’t do it very often --- I haven’t really found anything that needs it, yet.

I was just thinking it’s confusing, and at the moment I think we should keep confusion to a minimum.
In a humble log cabin off an unregarded back road, somewhere, deep in the heart of Pennsylvania’s hill country, we find our intrepid hero — the Brush Valley Brewer.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 09:28:02 am »
I agree, it is confusing and I've sen several new members comment on it.  I check the "always online" box (I think that's what it is) and I never have to sign on at all.  Also, see if Gary's instructions here http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=3025.msg34098#msg34098 are any help.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 09:31:23 am »
I check the "always online" box (I think that's what it is) and I never have to sign on at all.

+1

This is my method of choice.
Ron Price

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 03:33:17 pm »
While they look alike, HomebrewersAssociation.org and the AHA Forum are actually two different sites. 

When you initially register on the AHA Forum, it will send you to HomebrewersAssociation.org to register.  Your user name and password gets pushed to the AHA Forum, but it only works one way. If you change your user name and/or password on the Forum, it will not update your username and/or password on HomebrewersAssociation.org.  If you change things on HomebrewersAssociation.org it should carry over to the AHA Forum.

We'll be switching to a new association database in early 2011.  We're looking into adding a single sign-on for all of the AHA web properties including the Homebrewopedia and Club Resources wikis at some point after the new database is in place.  Hopefully sooner than later!

Cheers!
Gary
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

• Assistant Brewer
  • Centre Hall, PA
    • Brush Valley Brewer
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 04:12:58 pm »
Thanks Gary. I look forward to all of the homebrewersassociation.org properties getting better and better!  Thanks for all of your hard work and everybody else that is trying so hard to make this the best place for home brewers.

:)