Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Heineken - 0.0 (N/A)  (Read 1633 times)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Heineken - 0.0 (N/A)
« on: October 16, 2019, 02:51:31 pm »

I like it.  It's clean and fairly crisp but with a hint of something extra going on (sort of a light, fruity maltiness).  So far, my favorite N/A beers have been those that emulate mass market lagers.  They seem to taste more like regular beer than do the IPAs, etc. that I have tried, although some of them are pretty good in their own right (e.g. Bravus Brewing's Oatmeal Stout).

I think maybe this is getting kind of popular?  I went to a show downtown last week, and the bar adjacent to the venue had it on the menu but was sold out.  I've also seen some advertising outside of bars, etc.

The packaging is somewhat discreet, which is also nice. 

Have you seen it around?
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
Re: Heineken - 0.0 (N/A)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 06:19:34 pm »
I haven't tried it yet but if somebody handed me one I'd drink it.  Cheers.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 07:00:51 pm »
I like Heineken.  If it tastes like Heineken I'd be willing to try it.  Haven't seen it but also not looking; have seen a lot of advertising on TV.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 07:17:48 pm »
When I went to Amsterdam, Heineken was everywhere. The barkeep would pour 10 or 12 at a time, take a knife-like tool and run it across left to right removing foam that had risen above the rims of the glasses. Each was a perfect beer. Liquid to the government line with foam above it to the top edge of the glass.

I’d try it just for the memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 07:30:54 pm »
BTW I'd like to thank you, narcout, for these periodic reviews.  Most of us aren't necessarily going to make the change you've made for now, but for that reason we have no real impetus to investigate these things.  Should we at any time want to go for a non-alcoholic option, it will be great to have some guidance from someone who understands beer rather than having to choose blindly.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 11:50:06 am »
I don't know that it really tastes like Heineken, but it does taste like beer which is good enough for me at the moment.

Yeah, no problem.  Truthfully, I don't think many people here care about N/A beer.  And it's somewhat of a selfish endeavor - it's hard to go from reading every single post to not participating at all, and right now this is the only way I can do so that works for me.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 12:26:11 pm »
I don't know that it really tastes like Heineken, but it does taste like beer which is good enough for me at the moment.

Yeah, no problem.  Truthfully, I don't think many people here care about N/A beer.  And it's somewhat of a selfish endeavor - it's hard to go from reading every single post to not participating at all, and right now this is the only way I can do so that works for me.

I'm in kinda the same situation, so I really appreciate your reviews.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tommymorris

Heineken - 0.0 (N/A)
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 01:05:15 pm »
I think it’s great that you write these reviews. I would like to try this one.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 09:14:38 pm by tommymorris »

TXFlyGuy

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 07:41:39 pm »
When I went to Amsterdam, Heineken was everywhere. The barkeep would pour 10 or 12 at a time, take a knife-like tool and run it across left to right removing foam that had risen above the rims of the glasses. Each was a perfect beer. Liquid to the government line with foam above it to the top edge of the glass.

I’d try it just for the memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While touring the Heineken Brewery, I won the "Best Pour" award in the bartender competition. Not that I want to brag about it...

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 09:24:00 am »
the white star in Europe is soooooooo much better than the red star here. I've tried a few N/A beers over the years. the best by far was St Pauli Girl. Odoul's was by far the worst. haven't tried this one....
Phoenix, AZ

Offline ravenwater

• Brewer
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 04:12:01 pm »
I appreciate the review. I've seen the ads for the Heineken 0.0 -  was just thinking this week that I should be exploring options for low or no alcohol beer for times such as running a club brew day or back yard BBQ times when too much ETOH can get in the way of a clear head but I still want to enjoy something beerish. I don't really relish the thought of buying a 6 pack of something to check it out then discovering it's rubbish and I'm stuck with 5 bottles I don't want. Some years back there was a period I needed to go alcohol free when I drank some St. Pauli NA and recall it not being terribly awful. It had some maltiness beerish quality I was able to enjoy.
Shawn Crawford  -  Rio Rancho, NM.  
 BJCP, Worthogs Homebrew Club of New Mexico

Life is good. Beer makes it gooder.