General Category > Equipment and Software

Cooler Repair Needed - Please Help!

(1/2) > >>

lewbrew:
So over the weekend I decided to add a thermosight to my HLT.

In drilling my 3/8" hole I managed to drill next to 1 of only 2 bubbles/waves on the internal wall (warped from the heat of past brews). Because of its location I am unable to get the o-ring, washer, & nut assembly on.

I'd like to patch and re-drill a new hole. Does anyone have any suggestions on what/how to patch the 3/8" hole? It needs to be stable to the heat and pressure of 10g of strike water.

weazletoe:
  This id going to be a tough one. My only thought would be to get a scrap of stainless, maybe 4"x4", and give it a little roll to contour to the pot. Rivet each corner, and then use some JB Weld on the outside of the pot to seal it.

Edit : Wait, you said cooler.....so I guess this means plastic, so use a scrap of plastic in place of the SS.

hamiltont:
Couldn't you just fill it with something like GOOP?  A little masking or duct tape on both sides to hold the glue in the hole until it dried?

dcbc:
I'd try attaching that scrap plastic with epoxy puddy.  It is really easy to use and will actually cure underwater.  So I'm guessing it will be good and water tight. 

boulderbrewer:
Epoxy alone might work for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version