Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Re-refridgerated Yeast HELP!  (Read 1410 times)

Offline tinags

• 1st Kit
Re-refridgerated Yeast HELP!
« on: August 23, 2010, 02:03:48 pm »
I planned a yeast starter 24 hours ahead of my brew day, it ate up all the started and fermented just fine.. but brew day came and all of a sudden my free day became very busy and I was unable to brew as planned.. i do plan to do the batch this coming weekend so if i put my yeast back in the fridge should i be okay?

Cheers!
Josh

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: Re-refridgerated Yeast HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 02:06:17 pm »
Yes, it'll be fine.  Just chill it for a few days in the beer it made, then do a new starter as usual when you have your next brew day.  If it's going to be longer than a couple of weeks should ideally decant the beer and replace it with sterile water, but even if you didn't it would most likely be just fine.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tinags

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 02:32:22 pm »
Awesome! I appreciate the help, i am going to DOUBLE check that my weekend will be free this time around..
CHEERS!

Offline wingnut

• Brewer
  • Plainwell MI
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 02:40:45 pm »
Should be OK, stick it in the fridge, and you can just pull it out a week later and dump it in.

HOWEVER, for the least lag time, dumping some fresh wort on the yeast a day or two before brew day would be a good idea.  It is always nice to catch the yeast at their peak!!

Rest easy and may your next week-end go better!
-- Wingnut - Cheers!