Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Athletic Brewing - Upside Dawn (N/A)  (Read 1110 times)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Athletic Brewing - Upside Dawn (N/A)
« on: September 21, 2019, 08:26:43 pm »
This is another good one, and it tastes very close to a real beer (as close or maybe closer than the Golden Wheat from Wellbeing).  I think if you slipped one to someone who was already a few deep, they wouldn't notice.  It's clean and light with a dry and slightly hoppy finish.  Now I'm curious to try their other offerings.

My recollection from the EB podcast (and I could be wrong) is that Athletic's beers are brewed to have less than 0.5% ABV rather than removing the alcohol post-fermentation.  I'd love to know more about their process.  The website says they developed it on homebrew equipment, and I wonder if I could replicate it. 

Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
Re: Athletic Brewing - Upside Dawn (N/A)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 11:02:13 pm »
I've been curious about their beers for awhile. I should just pull the trigger and get a 6 pack each of the golden ale and the IPA.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 06:40:43 am »
I am also curious.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 08:29:29 am »
Their beers are excellent. Not exactly like a "normal" beer but close enough considering the other benefits.  They do all seem to have a bit of a twang in the finish.  Since there's no pH drop because it's not fermented, they have rro lower the pH to make it safe.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell