Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tents for club events  (Read 1427 times)

Offline nathanw

• 1st Kit
Tents for club events
« on: September 27, 2019, 09:36:56 am »
I'm looking for people's thoughts and experiences in getting tents/pop-up shelters/EZ-up kind of things for homebrew club events.
 - Sizes other than 10x10? That seems common and can be used in spaces like HomebrewCon.
 - Features you love or hate compared to random consumer tents?  I have a cheap Coleman pop-up and it seems... kind of flimsy in the wind.
 - Are club logos on the tent a good idea?

Offline Black Lion Homebrewery

• Cellarman
Re: Tents for club events
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 10:01:26 am »
I've never used them for a homebrew event, but use them all the time for work. They are either flimsy in the wind or ridiculously heavy.  My office has taken to purchase them from Dick's when they are on sale with their warranty (Two replacements for free).  We lend them out to local non-profits as well so the warranty get used heavily.  The quality of most of them almost makes them disposable. 

As far as logos, I would put the money into a banner or tablecloth that can be used with or without the tent.  Honestly, either will likely outlive the tents. 

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
Re: Tents for club events
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 12:17:07 pm »
I got a Coleman 13x13 from Costco (https://www.costco.com/Coleman-13'-x-13'-Instant-Eaved-Shelter.product.100394980.html) that I like better than 10x10s I've previously used.  It is a little non-intuitive for installation but once you realize that you need to pull the pivoting arm down the installation is easier.  But 13x13 might be too big. 

I found that if you buy the same model over and over again, te old busted tent is a good source of spare parts for a new one.