Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I recirculate, therefore I am.  (Read 3700 times)

Offline trapae

• Brewer
Re: I recirculate, therefore I am.
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2019, 11:20:17 pm »
Going electric Saved a Tonna time for me. Just being able to set mash temperatures and a nice steady boil instead of dealing with natural gas or propane. Plus it heats way faster. I also measure everything out the night before so grain is ready to mash and my hops are vacuum sealed and ready for each time to drop them in the boil.  I just wish I could figure out a way to clean everything quicker and easier. That’s the biggest pain in the ass for me is cleaning everything after the close up my fermenter.
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2019, 06:37:52 am »
You too can be a brewer: if you like to clean and wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2019, 08:55:13 am »
I do a 4-5 hour yeast vitality starter.  That means I have 1 1/2 to 2 hours before I mash in.  I heat the strike water with a sous vide and use the rest of the time before dough in to do all the measuring, calibrating, crushing, making sanitizer. I do a 30 minute mash (BIAB) and then wheel my kettle out to the driveway for the boil.  I do enjoy brewing outside, I'm weird that way.
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline bucknut

• Cellarman
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2019, 05:40:53 pm »
I brew in the garage on an induction burner, but I fill the kettle the night before and leave on the stove in the house. When I get up in the morning I tirn on the stove and then have breakfast while the water heats up. I've gone from one end of the spectrum to the other (Mr Beer too a two vessel recirculating mash tun w/propane burner), now I biab into a keg to ferment (no chill), then to a serving keg.....easy peezee!